PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a jeep and want to join in on the fun

coleman07
August 21st, 2015, 04:36 AM
My name is Sean Coleman and I am from Longmont, CO. Last weekend, I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon which is something I have wanted for 20 years!! Sunday, I went up to Argentine Pass and sure liked having the rear and front lockers. Although this is my first jeep, I have rented one before and did some trails in the San Juan's and have used my Subaru Outback to go out into the mountains but never was comfortable driving it due to ground clearance. Planning to do the Hancock, Alpine Tunnel and Tin Cup in a couple of weeks and the Alpine loop over Labor Day weekend.

I hope to learn how to get into a trip and also how to find people to join me on local trips.

I will get an Avatar up soon!!

dieseldoc
August 21st, 2015, 05:28 AM
Look at the calender. You can rsvp for the events on the calender....like red cone an webster pass this weekend.

Welcome
Beware the cookies....they are highly adictive

xaza
August 21st, 2015, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the group. Runs will be found in the yellow box above but anybody can set up a run. Just start a thread in trail run planning and when things solidify into a run you make a planned trail run thread and add it to the calendar for people to rsvp.

EKXJ87
August 21st, 2015, 07:05 AM
Welcome to FR4x4 Nice Rubicon !
There are so many trail's/scenery up in the Tin Cup area I was just there last week and had a blast.

Jim
August 21st, 2015, 09:45 AM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

As Brandon & Cliff mentioned, jump in!

To join an existing run, you can simply show up, but it's recommended to RSVP an Yes/No/Maybe if you're interested in a specific run. There's a link to the Calendar near the top of each page. The "Yellow Box" mentioned is also a listing of runs, but please note, the days listed in the yellow box are off by one day. The days listed on the Calendar are true.

To start a run, start a thread in "Planning" and if/when things solidify (day/time/trail/at least one other person interested is typical but nothings set in stone), the plans get put onto the Calendar and also start another thread in "Planned". Last minute details might get mentioned in "Planned" while others RSVP yes/no/maybe on the Calendar.

CB's / radio's are handy but are not required. The primary rule is to ALWAYS know the whereabouts of the person behind you. Should a following person stop for any reason (picture or a breakdown), the group will come back to them and not leave them stranded (which is why we go out with others).

Enjoy the good group that's here and the obstacles and scenery we have in Colorado!

The StRanger
August 21st, 2015, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the dark side...
We have cookies !!!

carpenle
August 21st, 2015, 11:18 AM
Hello and Welcome!

Mr6dwg
August 21st, 2015, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the club. I will have to give you a ring and hit some trails.

Stu
August 21st, 2015, 11:59 AM
Welcome to FR

Hypoid
August 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
Welcome!

Serious Offroad
August 22nd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Welcome!!

Brad
August 22nd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Nice Jeep! Welcome!