PDA

View Full Version : Intro

JandDGreens
August 27th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone, My name is David and live in Englewood. Love to go wheeling and explore the Colorado mountains. I have a mildly built Cherokee XJ.

The StRanger
August 27th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the dark side...
We have cookies !!!

Brad
August 27th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Welcome!

Jim
August 27th, 2015, 11:27 PM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

JandDGreens
August 27th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks, trying to figure out the way the calendar works? Why are people listed with out a trial run listed?

Jim
August 28th, 2015, 12:08 AM
EDIT: As for people being listed on the Calendar - those are birthdays. Each person may put whatever "birthdate" they wish for their account. Each may also chose if the date is to be listed or not. The forum does not check (nor do we really pay attention, unless a minor is involved - but since we're a group with driver's licenses, minors are rare, though are welcome)

--

The general process for the group is to
1) Start a thread in Trail Run Planning to see if there's interest for getting together. The thread could start out with a firm setup (specific trail on a specific day) or something quite open - some trail in the next few days. The more firm things are may garner more support (folks who know if they're interested in X trail or know if they have Y day free).

2) When/If a plan forms in "Planning" a thread would be started in "Planned" with the details (X trail, Y date, etc.) and a Calendar entry would be created. Last minute details get posted in "Planned". The Planned threads are often short and clean so folks can see details easily. The Calendar is our RSVP system. The run organizer would be able to see if anyone else will join in / how many might join in (some trails aren't good with a large group - something to know going in).

Sometimes people make a run listing on the Calendar as they head out the door to the trailhead. Formally, this is accepted as a "valid" Front Range 4x4 group trail run, but, realistically the "last minute run postings" are somewhat frowned on (my take) as the last minute does not give others a reasonable chance to sign up. Going as a group is a fundamental for us.

From the menubar near the top of the forum, you can visit the Trail Forums area and then go into the "Planning" and "Planned" sub-forums. Once in the appropriate forum, there's a "Post New Thread" button near the left of the screen that is used to start a new thread. For the Calendar, to create a new run / RSVP page, visit the Calendar (again, on the menubar area) and look for the "Add A New Trail Run" button near the right of the calendar screen. Ensure you add the date of the run to the title AND select the correct date from the drop-down boxes.

96EXXLTinCO
August 28th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Welcome!!

Brucker
August 28th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Welcome

xaza
August 28th, 2015, 06:38 AM
welcome to the group, I have a mildly built XJ and live in Englewood too. Post up some pics of your rig and I will watch for ya, although you probably live in the other part of Englewood.

EKXJ87
August 28th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Welcome to FR 4x4 Post up some pic's for sure! I kindof like the XJ's :thumb:

Chris
August 28th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Welcome to front Range David!

Rick
August 28th, 2015, 07:25 AM
welcome!!!

JandDGreens
August 28th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Jim thanks for explaining the calendar, I just was looking t see anyone was planning any trail runs. Tempted to join the guys going to slaughterhouse gulch sat. but need to get some work done.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, Here is a couple pics of my rig.

Shane
August 28th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Welcome

Hypoid
August 28th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Welcome David, nice work on the XJ!

javaman34
August 29th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Welcome to our little slice of Heaven.

Shadowmaker
August 29th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Love those 2 doors! Welcome!

Mr6dwg
August 30th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Welcome To FrontRange. That is a nice looking Jeep.