PDA

View Full Version : Tail light ?? Not working

Mark
September 2nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
Okay! I put led bulbs in my tj tail lights,well of course they super flashed.so installed resistors well then when they would flash with the turn signal my odometer in the dash would go off when the turn signal flashed and then back on!so I said the heck with these stupid led,s and pulled off the splices and hooked up my lights but now the left rear won't work and the right is fine also the brake light on the spare tire holder is not working( don't know if it ever did)saw paint on contacts where door meets body and cleaned it up but no luck!cant go around with one tail/ brake light.help,help,help,also there was a connection that connected wiring to tail light,I did cut this out wondered if that could make a difference?

94ToyBear
September 2nd, 2015, 12:36 PM
switch the light bulbs from right to left first if it don't light up then start to trace it back.

Adaa60
September 2nd, 2015, 01:17 PM
Check Break & Gauge & Interior fuse, Check the socket with volt meter. Check ground.
I dont know if your jeep suffered from the same stupid crap my XJ did but my Headlamp switch went bad and caused me to have no tail lights at all.

Mark
September 2nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
Well after looking on line and trying what they recommended it was that the drivers side tail light was not grounded good!the screws that hold the light on the body are the ground,and since I put guards on the bolts were just off and dirty enough to keep it from getting a good ground! Crazy huh,thanks guys for the ideas!!