PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Celebration Trip/Weekend April 25th

DETN8R
April 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
So April 25th will be my 22nd Birthday and I really want to get out and do some crawling. I am tired of Carnage Boulder and want to do something else. Right now I am open to suggestions whether it be camping/wheeling or just some wheeling or snow bashing.

Recommendations?

Funrover
April 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Camp in BV and run OCG or see if Griz Lake is open

Pathrat
April 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Happy Birthday....you are so young! How Cute! (I am a woman 16 years older than you, I can say that)

All I could think of is take off to Moab after work. However, it is car show weekend and you would be camping on a trail somewhere

Chris
April 21st, 2008, 07:27 AM
Happy Birthday....you are so young! How Cute!

Hmm, I'll have to remember this "How cute" when yours rolls around. Guess I can repeat it since I'm 20 years older than you Pathrat :D

Pathrat
April 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hmm, I'll have to remember this "How cute" when yours rolls around. Guess I can repeat it since I'm 20 years older than you Pathrat :D

sure thing! I'm a girl and all so "How cute" isn't such a bad thing! :lol:

Chris
April 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Killed that for me right there. :(

Pathrat
April 21st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Killed that for me right there. :(

:D I'm sure I'll get mine

DETN8R
April 21st, 2008, 09:36 PM
I dont, I think camping is out of the question now.

DETN8R
April 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Happy Birthday....you are so young! How Cute! (I am a woman 16 years older than you, I can say that)

All I could think of is take off to Moab after work. However, it is car show weekend and you would be camping on a trail somewhere

Thanks for the compliment.

Pathrat
April 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
Camping is out of the question? For here I suppose. That's too bad, and I mean that. The last time I went camping we arrived in Sand Flats at 1am. I really really wanted to go camping that trip.

DETN8R
April 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Camping doesnt seem feasable right now. My buddies rig is down. I was thinking of running Jenny Creek(not sure) or Slaughterhouse

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Both of those sound good, if you don't do them this weekend or next I'd be up for either one.

DETN8R
April 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I heard slaughterhouse was closed on CO4x4

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
IIRC this is said every year but I think it's just the mud pit area that's ever been closed. The threat exists due to abuse that is said to be a big problem. I thought a club took that on last year to the FS satisfaction?

DETN8R
April 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Still haven't decided on anything nor do I have anyone to go with.

Chris
April 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Choose a place and see who wants to go. We aren't all going to Moab!

Brody
April 25th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Hey Fred

Keep me posted as I would be up for either if I don't end up working. So would LaDawn. And if we run Slaughterhouse, I'll do the mud pits again, especially if there isn't a closed sign and indications that they have been run alot. No one seems to know what is going on with that, anyway, no matter who you talk to, and Crow Hill Road is the road that goes right through there. It will take more than hearsay for me to recognize a trail is closed.

The mud pits are 100' to the right of Crow Hill. Stump Hill is obviously closed, with signs at the top and bottom, which I will not run. It Crow Hill is open and maybe goes all the way down to 285. What I have run of Crow Hill shows me that it is almost as hard as Slaughterhouse and just gets harder. There are also a couple of open offshoot roads off of Crow Hill that look good, too.There are some questions about the 285 access as there is a gate that sometimes has a "Please close gate" sign on it and sometimes not. According to the maps, this looks like where Crow Hill comes out.

At any rate, I am interested. Probably Bear and Bren, and maybe Dave, too as their trip to Moab got shut down.

DETN8R
April 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Will do brody. I'm wanting to try out this winch so I kinda want to get stuck. hehe.

DETN8R
April 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm thinking Slaughterhouse tommorow.

Brody
April 27th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I gotta work, so I gotta bail out. Sorry.... I was looking forward to going , but I have been working out of town all last week and trying to catch up a couple of things that I started before I left.

Happy Birthday, at any rate, and I hope that you managed to hook up with some other folks. Bren is in Tahoe, Bear is recuperating from shots in the back, Dave might be free..

I noticed that this wasn't posted as a run with a meeting time and place or on the calendar...probably didn't help get folks dialed in to go...

DETN8R
April 27th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I wasnt able to get out either. Oh well. Theres always next weekend and night runs.