PDA

View Full Version : Webster pass 10-11

78bj40
October 7th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Thinking of running Webster Pass this weekend, Sunday 10-11. Anyone interested?

Diamond_D
October 7th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I'm interested. What time are you thinking? I'll have to see if I can fit it in, it's a busy weekend.

moose
October 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I might be game Louis. I'll know for sure by Friday.

78bj40
October 7th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I'm interested. What time are you thinking? I'll have to see if I can fit it in, it's a busy weekend.
I'm open to what ever works for everyone , I was thinking around 9:00, let me know what would work for you

78bj40
October 7th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Drew, hope that you can make it

moose
October 7th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Drew, hope that you can make it

Me too. It's just that thing called work, and hopefully I don't have to do it this weekend

SynergyXJ
October 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
I'm interested but not totally sure if I can make it. Are you also running Red Cone, Radical Hill or any of the others around there?

78bj40
October 8th, 2015, 07:23 AM
I'm interested but not totally sure if I can make it. Are you also running Red Cone, Radical Hill or any of the others around there?0

I posted this run to see what the response will be, at this point any suggestions are welcome and if enyone is interested in some other additional runs, we can do any changes. I did Red Cone and Radical Hill a month or so ago but I wouldn't mind doing it again.

moose
October 8th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Are you also running Red Cone, Radical Hill or any of the others around there?

I'd be up for Red Cone. Think my truck is too big for Radical Hill

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Just a heads up, got into some light snow at Geneva Creek yesterday and got a light snow flurry while at the top. Came back down over Guanella pass where it had snowed enough to leave a dusting while we were on Geneva.

78bj40
October 8th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Just a heads up, got into some light snow at Geneva Creek yesterday and got a light snow flurry while at the top. Came back down over Guanella pass where it had snowed enough to leave a dusting while we were on Geneva.

Thanks for the info, I guess it is that time of the year, you will never know what you will run into up there

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2015, 12:59 PM

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Oops. Sorry for the double post. But yes, absolutely never know what you'll get, or see as our trip up Geneva proved yesterday. A bunch of moose!! Pics will be in trail report .

78bj40
October 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I'd be up for Red Cone. Think my truck is too big for Radical Hill

Red Cone and Radical hill is doable with your truck, there is an obstacle at the bottom of Red Cone which is a bit challenging but the rest is easy

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on the development of this run. Depending on where you end up going, I may join as well.

TxCowgirlInCo
October 9th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Depending on which trail(s) you decide to run, I may bring my Toy. If y'all do multiple trails (that are beyond Aphrodite's capabilites), I can park her and ride along with 96EXXLTinCo.

moose
October 9th, 2015, 12:48 AM
I'm officially in for the Webster run. I would like to do Red Cone but it's not a must.
Louis, if you say my truck will fit than I am up for Radical Hill if others are wanting to run it.

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 01:00 AM
If I knew for sure I could get over the bottom obstacle I hear about at Red Cone, I'd be a for sure red cone and radical. I'll see what I can find for recent video or pics of said obstacle. I know Explorertom ran it in August, but I failed to ask how I might fare. I'd be in for Webster for sure, maybe red and radical with some convincing / re-assuring. I'm not out to ruin my day or anyone else's.

moose
October 9th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Here's a pic of said obstacle.
It's the 6th post down by Jim.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19162-Red-Cone-Webster-Pass

With that said, the original intent was to run Webster and I'm fine with sticking to the original plan. Alternately, and I'm just thinking aloud, we could run Webster starting from the north trailhead and those that want to run Red Cone could branch off once we reach the south side.

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Nice find!! That helped confirm it's the obstacle I thought it was. I can't straddle that rock, but at the 1 min mark in this video posted Aug 25th of this year, the red jeep puts left tires on it and has no problem. I may have to stack a couple rocks at the worst to make it over that one, but if that's the worst of it, then no problem.

https://youtu.be/P0W0huiH7nk

moose
October 9th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I'm not about to try and straddle that rock either.

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Well, if the consensus is Red Cone, then we can stack some rocks, I ain't skeered.

78bj40
October 9th, 2015, 08:03 AM
How about running Webster pass from south and throw in Radical Hill and come out in Montezuma?

moose
October 9th, 2015, 08:40 AM
How about running Webster pass from south and throw in Radical Hill and come out in Montezuma?

That's a good plan. I'm along for the ride and am fine running any route.

78bj40
October 9th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Ok, the run is posted on the calendar for this Sunday

Hope to see you all there!

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=791&day=2015-10-11&c=1

Mr6dwg
October 9th, 2015, 10:49 AM
One inch either way will make or break you. I have seen it all. I recently went with a friend who was on it for the first time. He drove right over it without getting hung up at all.

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM
One inch either way will make or break you. I have seen it all. I recently went with a friend who was on it for the first time. He drove right over it without getting hung up at all.

Hard to tell for sure without being there, but I'm not thinking my 31's have my rear axle high enough to straddle it, but as I said, without being there...........either way, I'll tackle it someday.

jeep4sale
October 9th, 2015, 03:32 PM
I am in for the Webster pass. Maybe radical hill. I am taking my elderly mom out and i am not positive how well she will do but she wants to go!

jeep4sale
October 9th, 2015, 03:35 PM
whats the address to the conoco 60597 N fork south platte Bailey?

78bj40
October 9th, 2015, 04:34 PM
whats the address to the conoco 60597 N fork south platte Bailey?

Great, I hope that you can make it!
The address for Conoco is:
60597 US-285, Bailey

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I am in for the Webster pass.

Dont forget to RSVP on the Calendar!!!

moose
October 9th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I'll tackle it someday.

As will I, give me a heads up when your thinking about going.

Jim
October 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I am taking my elderly mom out and i am not positive how well she will do but she wants to go!

How elderly? Fail bones concerns? I've not run webster but have on Radical. The big pitch up to the top (edit: on Radical) is fairly rocky/bumpy. 0.02

moose
October 9th, 2015, 05:32 PM
How elderly? Fail bones concerns? I've not run webster but have on Radical. The big pitch up to the top of fairly rocky/bumpy. 0.02

Good call Jim. From what I've read, Webster is mellow. But yes, not to be rude, frail bones are an issue. I work in the medical industry and you'd be surprised at how much a pelvis can shatter just from a timber like fall on a sidewalk. (given that osteoporosis is present)

96EXXLTinCO
October 9th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Dropping another 5 lbs out of my tires than I used to made an incredible difference in how it helps smooth out the trails, but there is nothing to be done about the size of rocks, they will make the body of your truck roll around. Having not run it before, I can't speak to how much airing down will or wont help.

Tom
October 9th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Webster itself is really easy except fo the narrowness near the summit. Narrow enough that I would not drive a full size pickup on it.

Think North Bunce School road only much narrower and higher elevation.
Oh and edges.

moose
October 9th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Good looking out Tom. I thought my wheelbase looked close to Louis' FJ, but a quick Google utilization shows a 30" difference!

jeep4sale
October 9th, 2015, 10:56 PM
How elderly? Fail bones concerns? I've not run webster but have on Radical. The big pitch up to the top (edit: on Radical) is fairly rocky/bumpy. 0.02
She is really not that old 58. But she is in bad health. She actually just backed out so its just me and my dad now. So red cone anyone? Haha

Tom
October 10th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Good looking out Tom. I thought my wheelbase looked close to Louis' FJ, but a quick Google utilization shows a 30" difference!I was referring to width not length.

jd0110
October 10th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I'm flying tomorrow and can't go. Wish I could. I'll be looking forward to the trail report. You guys always do a great job.

moose
October 10th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I was referring to width not length.

Hmmm. I was corncerned with making it around the turns, but if I have to worry about just staying on the trail....

Louis, I might change my route. jeep4sale wants to run Red Cone with his dad. Thinking we could branch off and meet up at the Webster crossing and we'll all convoy from there on out. Sorry, but I'm second guessing too much. I want to see the switchbacks first now, before I decide whether or not to run them.

96EXXLTinCO
October 10th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I'm fine with red cone too. I'll just be the guy following wherever ya'll go!!

96EXXLTinCO
October 10th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I'm flying tomorrow and can't go. Wish I could. I'll be looking forward to the trail report. You guys always do a great job.

Have a good flight!!

moose
October 10th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I'm fine with red cone too. I'll just be the guy following wherever ya'll go!!

The thing is, I know Louis has been wanting to run Webster and that's what this run started as. I feel bad for being the limitation.

moose
October 10th, 2015, 01:24 PM

Next time Jeremy. Flying isn't a bad alternative!

78bj40
October 10th, 2015, 06:58 PM
The thing is, I know Louis has been wanting to run Webster and that's what this run started as. I feel bad for being the limitation.

Drew
No worries, we will see tomorrow once we get there what everyone would like to do. We have a winch so we should be good!

moose
October 10th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Drew
No worries, we will see tomorrow once we get there what everyone would like to do. We have a winch so we should be good!

Good deal, see you in the morning!

Chad, still planning to meet in Grant/285 and 60?

78bj40
October 10th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Good deal, see you in the morning!

that's the plan

96EXXLTinCO
October 11th, 2015, 12:35 AM

Nope, found out going down the hill and cutting over through Conifer is a little faster, so will be meeting you in
bailey at 9.

jeep4sale
October 11th, 2015, 07:58 AM
On my way. In a grey 4 door jk

jeep4sale
October 12th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Lewis do you have any photos from the weekend you could post up?

78bj40
October 12th, 2015, 10:09 AM

Brian

Here is a trail report by Drew, I have a photobucket link there and you can download all photos:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?23913-Webster-pass-10-11

78bj40
October 13th, 2015, 08:49 AM

Here is the link to Webster Pass photos:

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/dyne68/library/Webster%20Pass%2010-11-15?sort=3&page=1