PDA

View Full Version : Real wheeling Anyone???

0XRubiconX0
April 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Looking for a group/place that wants to go wheeling on sat. this upcoming weekend. Looks like yall had a blast last sunday, I was unable due to "in-laws" and hockey. Looking to run something a touch more intense than last sundays run but am down for whatever....

Lemme know...

Matt:D

Brody
April 21st, 2008, 02:53 PM
I am working or else I would go. Try sending a PM to Dave (davepri) as I know he missed last weekend, too. Ditto with Bear (4LoLo). Fred (Detn8R), Pathrat, Chris, Dave Nay, too. Still not very much stuff open, so your choices are going to be very limited.

It was a nice run Sunday and probably the easiest trail we (LaDawn and I) have been on in a couple of years. Fun, different scenery and good folks, though.

Chris
April 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'll be in Moab on Saturday :D

Pathrat
April 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM
I'll be in Moab on Saturday :D

Car show weekend! Some nice rides down there. I'll be north in the San Rafael Swell. I'll wave to you.

Chris
April 21st, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'll be watching for you. Car show weekend booked all the hotels so I think Sat night we'll sleep on Top of the World :D

Pathrat
April 21st, 2008, 08:19 PM
I have two camp sites there marked in my GPS, can't wait to go back. What a great choice! As far as real wheeling, I don't have doctor's clearance yet, hence why I am going on plain old dirt roads for the trip this weekend. Thanks for thinking of those of us who missed the last one Brody.

Brody
April 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Bear (4LoLo) just got his CAT scan back and he has a crack in his spinal column. He bailed on wheeling this weekend due to doctor's orders, too. Chris was down for a bit last year after a hernia surgery with 'no wheeling' from his doc. I guess everyone has to deal with that stuff at one point or another, me too.Bear is also probably going to have to bail on Moab this Spring for the same reason. That is hard for him as he spends most of the year planning on going with some other buddies.

LaDawn and I are talking about a Fall trip to Moab as is Dave Nay and a couple of other folks, so all is not lost for Bear. Anyway, everyone have fun that is going to Moab!

Matt, keep us posted as to what you find open. As people hear of trails opening up, they should post them in the trail section. You might PM flexytoy if he is back on the site or Ramv to see what they have heard trailwise. Or check out colo4x4.

4runner freak
April 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
Bear (4LoLo) just got his CAT scan back and he has a crack in his spinal column.

What happened?
I hadn't heard about Bear hurting himself.
I'll email him and get it from him I guess.

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
That sucks, wish you a speedy recovery bear.

Telly
April 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'll be in Moab too! Chris, I be camping somewhere off Sand Flats Road. Hit my cell if you need a camping spot. 719-492-8428

Doug

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'll be in Moab too! Chris, I be camping somewhere off Sand Flats Road. Hit my cell if you need a camping spot. 719-492-8428

Doug

Cool! I have a hotel starting on Sunday at the Adventure Inn, how long are you going to be there?

:princess: may decide we don't go until Sunday but I'll have your cell number. I'm sending you mine in a PM.

Chris
April 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm getting ready for Moab. I'm staying in a posh condo, though :smokin:

Moab, baby, Moab. I'm running Spike and hopefully Elephant Hill with a hike out to the Confluence.

You saying Adventure Inn isn't posh? To the campers it is! :)

Elephant Hill on Thursday for me :thunb: