PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Amp - Headless Stereo

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Okay, not real technical but I spent more time trying to find out how to do it then actually doing it.

Amp - red to power, black to ground, blue to switched power so it turns off with the truck. Mini-jack to RCA cable to connect RCA to iPod headphone jack. I added a switch to the blue wire so I can turn the amp off when not in use.

Turn down the amp, turn up the iPod and adjust.

Tunes in the :pig:

Total investment under $40 :cool:

Yeah, I should be doing the carb instead but I like to have some music when I work on the truck. :p

DETN8R
April 22nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
pics?

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hmm, probably not much to see but I'll take some tomorrow.

0XRubiconX0
April 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
LMFAO, get to the speed shop god damn it and get yer damn carb pumping again :P

Matt

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
I dig the i-pod setup. Same reason I went with a pullout cassette deck in each rig. Pulls out for dusty, dirty, wet conditions offroad. Tape deck since I have the adapter that slides in so I can use my MP3. Slightly simpler setup, but it all works!

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
LMFAO, get to the speed shop god damn it and get yer damn carb pumping again :P

Matt

First things first :lol:

Okay, the carbs next on the list, I'm giving up on the dash lights for now but did wire some interior lights. Man, my priorities are wacked!

Matt - did you see my post on your Tuffy?

I dig the i-pod setup. Same reason I went with a pullout cassette deck in each rig. Pulls out for dusty, dirty, wet conditions offroad. Tape deck since I have the adapter that slides in so I can use my MP3. Slightly simpler setup, but it all works!

Cool, just drop the iPod in he console and it'll be good. Doesn't much matter with mine - it already looks like it's been through the wringer.

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
pics?

Everything's here: iPod connector, amp mounted to side kick plate, wires not yet hidden. Speakers - 5 for $10, amp $10, misc under $20

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Where did you score the amp for $10? My amp in my truck finally died. Only producing sound from 1 side. Not good!

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
I got this from Mark when I bought his 4:88's and ARB. :)

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Ah. Keep an eye on the 55, you just might it missing someday!

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I'll have a garage for it soon, in the meantime I'll leave my killer dog in it overnight. BTW, the amp is a low output probably = regular radio but loud enough for me with those high class speakers.

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, that is all I need. The amp on my stereo is done. It is the same style with RCA inputs. Just need something to power the speakers. At least the one behind the driver still works!

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
My only surprise is that even though the iPod has a single output I get great stereo. But I don't get these newfangled things like amps. ;)