PDA

View Full Version : Pathrat check out this FJC!

4Runninfun
April 24th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I found this today on the Expo forum. I thought it was just about the coolest FJC i'd ever seen, except yours of course ;)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/bruisercruiser.jpg

Brody
April 25th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Nice! I really like the approach angle and the agressive stance. Looks like it has never ever been off road, too, but I bet it has hauled a lot of kids and groceries. Total RS vehicle if I have ever seen one!

That said, it is still nice...

Pathrat
April 25th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Holy Crap! It doesn't even look like an FJC! I have never seen pictures of this one, thanks. You haven't seen mine yet, really...we need to fix that.
Groceries? This can't be a daily driver, you'd get like 8 mpg with all the extra weight and big tires. You are right, great approach angle.
It does look supercool.

DETN8R
April 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Check out some of the SAS's out there too.

Chris
April 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I only give expedition builds a nod if they are taken on expeditions, not including the famous Park Meadows Trail. :lol:

There goes my plans for the expedition 55! :D

Funrover
April 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
He is on expedition portal, it's cool.. but not my favorite!

4Runninfun
April 25th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I only give expedition builds a nod if they are taken on expeditions, not including the famous Park Meadows Trail. :lol:

Does Alaska count? hope so, i wouldn't want you giving my truck the stink eye! :lol:

Funrover
April 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Does Alaska count? hope so, i wouldn't want you giving my truck the stink eye! :lol:

It has to show up to get an eye first.. :lol:

4Runninfun
April 25th, 2008, 11:58 PM
It has to show up to get an eye first.. :lol:

Keep 'yucking it up buddy, who's gonna be gone all summer?

Funrover
April 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Keep 'yucking it up buddy, who's gonna be gone all summer?

I will attempt to make at least 1 or 2 summer runs!:D

4Runninfun
April 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Actually for some reason mosquito's don't bug me too much i still get the occasional bite but usually they leave me alone. So i guess this pic will have to do.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/1am_camp.jpg

I'll do a full write up later, for now all i'll say is this trip was done on the river and consisted of 365 river miles in 13days just south of the brooks range in alaska. oh yeah and this pic was taken at about 2am. :D

4Runninfun
April 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Here is the details on the FJC he calls it the raptor

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/39068-raptor-shadow-warrior-s-build.html

Pathrat
April 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Well now that I have my custom skid and the "gnarly tires" (as the guys at the oil change place call them), I want to try a run up the Flat Irons Crossing Trail. Any takers? I hear the obstacles between Nordstroms and Macys are quite the challenge.

--and Roo Killer bumper...I love that!

4Runninfun
April 29th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I want to try a run up the Flat Irons Crossing Trail. Any takers? I hear the obstacles between Nordstroms and Macys are quite the challenge.

:lol:

DETN8R
April 29th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Those cruisers look great with the solid axle.

Pathrat
April 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Actually for some reason mosquito's don't bug me too much i still get the occasional bite but usually they leave me alone. So i guess this pic will have to do.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/1am_camp.jpg

I'll do a full write up later, for now all i'll say is this trip was done on the river and consisted of 365 river miles in 13days just south of the brooks range in alaska. oh yeah and this pic was taken at about 2am. :D

Wow, amazing!

Pathrat
April 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
The guys at AllPhase in Longmont mentioned using my FJC as a guinea pig for their solid axle swap project. Lots of work, discounted build price, new neat stuff...it was very tempting. I still like mine as a daily driver that will fit into my garage.