PDA

View Full Version : Travel trailer

foxtrot
February 1st, 2016, 08:08 PM
Hey everyone, the wife and I are about to buy a travel trailer and have narrowed it down to the lance 1995/1985 or the Winnebago micro Minnie 2106fbs. We are going to walk around them this coming weekend down in Denver, but wanted to get opinions first. The main thing we don't like about the Winnebago is that it doesn't have a dinette, so it would be uncomfortable eating at a couch with a folding table. The lance seems to have a better build quality (at least from online reviews) but is around 10k more. What do you think?

javaman34
February 1st, 2016, 08:17 PM
I have a 2012 KZ Sportsman Classic that I really like. Light weight even when full. 3500lbs loaded. Pulls easily with the Bronco.

Chris
February 1st, 2016, 09:10 PM
I have a 2012 Sportsmen 19sbt, about the same weight 3500 as I recall. Can't really tell it's behind me except for the mpg drop of course.

Hey Jerry, I don't know the differences but ours must be quite similar.

Brad, dinette's aren't that great IMHO, ours had one but we gave the table away. TV tables or such work well or just eat outside. We do carry an aluminum folding table but rarely use it.

Chris
February 1st, 2016, 09:11 PM
Just re-read your post Brad, you plan on buying new? Have you spent much time in one in the past?

MultiScuf
February 1st, 2016, 09:12 PM
They question is would you be interested in going Dual purpose trailer?

foxtrot
February 1st, 2016, 09:29 PM
We do plan on buying new, we want a camper that is truly a four season camper. Both of these have enclosed underbellys and heated tanks. We don't want to do a hybrid because the canvas parts aren't aloud in some of the parks we visit often. We definitely want a walk around bed as we have tried the "sideways" beds in rental campers and it drove us crazy. These are probably as small as I would go for a camper. Only reason for buying new is I can't really find many used ones around, and the ones I did find are only 1-2k less than new.

javaman34
February 1st, 2016, 09:34 PM
I have a 2012 Sportsmen 19sbt, about the same weight 3500 as I recall. Can't really tell it's behind me except for the mpg drop of course.

Hey Jerry, I don't know the differences but ours must be quite similar.

Brad, dinette's aren't that great IMHO, ours had one but we gave the table away. TV tables or such work well or just eat outside. We do carry an aluminum folding table but rarely use it.

Chris, we have the 19BH model. We really like it. Here is a picture of it.

Chris
February 1st, 2016, 09:44 PM
Nice Jerry, I don't have any pics on hand but it looks the same as mine. Do you have one ot two fold out beds?

Chris
February 1st, 2016, 09:53 PM
We do plan on buying new, we want a camper that is truly a four season camper. Both of these have enclosed underbellys and heated tanks. We don't want to do a hybrid because the canvas parts aren't aloud in some of the parks we visit often. We definitely want a walk around bed as we have tried the "sideways" beds in rental campers and it drove us crazy. These are probably as small as I would go for a camper. Only reason for buying new is I can't really find many used ones around, and the ones I did find are only 1-2k less than new.

Understood Brad, what parks have you been to that don't allow soft sides? IIRC, Yellowstone doesn't so we camped between Yellowsrone NP and Grand Teton NP where there are allegedly bears but we never saw any trace. I'm a fan of hybrids though waking to temps below freezing isn't much fun, we've gone hardside once to escape the cold but I like the feeling of being outside.

I think we had this conversation before!

javaman34
February 1st, 2016, 09:56 PM
Nice Jerry, I don't have any pics on hand but it looks the same as mine. Do you have one ot two fold out beds?

I have 2 bunk beds in the back by the rest room and a queen bed in the front. None of them fold up or down. I don't have any pictures of the interior.

ColoJeeper
February 2nd, 2016, 08:39 AM
Do you have the opportunity to rent and use before purchase and take it for a test camp trip?

Chris
February 2nd, 2016, 11:51 AM
I have 2 bunk beds in the back by the rest room and a queen bed in the front. None of them fold up or down. I don't have any pictures of the interior.

It's not a hybrid?

javaman34
February 2nd, 2016, 05:41 PM
It's not a hybrid?

Nope.

Chris
February 2nd, 2016, 06:08 PM
Interesting, ours really look quite similar, obviously not. I'm happy with ours, covered lots of ground with it last year.

Chris
February 2nd, 2016, 06:32 PM
Here'a mine Jerry.

javaman34
February 2nd, 2016, 07:57 PM
Looks just like mine except for the bunks.

Shadowmaker
February 3rd, 2016, 06:05 AM
We had a pop-up for just a bit and I did appreciate the table inside albeit small.

Since you are looking new, consider older model year NEW. A friend just bought a 2013 New and saved a ton of dough.