PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum

Kamp
February 4th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

I moved out here from Michigan about 2.5 years ago but only started wheeling this last spring after I picked up my '14 wrangler. I had a great time hitting some of the mild to mid range trails this summer. Two that I really enjoyed were Bill Moore Lake and Barbour Fork (although I did get pretty lost there). I am looking forward to getting into some more challenging trails this year and making some new friends! I don't take a lot of pictures then I'm wheeling or anything so the best that I can do is a mall crawler pic (not super recent, missing an upgrade or two).

This summer I plan on doing more work on the Wrangler but also messing with my Cherokee a bit. I have already lifted the Wrangler (~3.5") and done some upgrades to go along with that, as well as a new bumper and winch. I also have some lighting upgrades that are waiting to be installed when I have some free time.

I am glad to meet you guys, and ask me anything that you'd like!

Thanks,
Kamp

MultiScuf
February 4th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Hello

coaz4x4
February 4th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Welcome!

78bj40
February 4th, 2016, 03:33 PM
welcome!

Chris
February 4th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Welcome to Front Range!

Jim
February 4th, 2016, 05:08 PM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

Where`bouts in MI? A fair bunch of us are from the Midwest. I'm from Rockford IL and would snowmobile in northern WI and the UP.

I like how the winch is fit into the bumper - yet the bumper does not have a hulking / large image. The recovery hooks make me scratch my head - full pull on the bolt heads and their threads. Different.

Rick
February 4th, 2016, 05:10 PM
welcome!!!

FINOCJ
February 4th, 2016, 05:21 PM

The recovery hooks make me scratch my head - full pull on the bolt heads and their threads. Different.

Welcome - that jk looks very capable as is. Agree with Jim that the tow hooks are definitely different - almost like they should be mounted horizontally rather than vertically. Whatever works as my old jeep is held together by zip ties - or at least it seems like it sometimes.

wolfbuzz
February 4th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I'm new myself but welcome nonetheless. Go JKs!

xaza
February 4th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the group

Brian
February 4th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Welcome!

Hypoid
February 4th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

Kamp
February 4th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I am from Grand Rapids MI. It's crazy how many people out here are from the Midwest. We all had the same idea I guess!

The bumper was a real pain actually! It looks so fitted in there because the winch is too big. I had to cut out part of the grill and add about 2" to the back of the section between the frame rails. I learned a lot with that project. I am really happy with how it turned out though!

The tow hooks are just on there because I think they look cool, :lmao: the bumper came with a set of bolts. Ultimately they should hold up fine if I had to use them. that is the exact same location and orientation that they are mounted stock on a jk.

Welcome to the group!

Where`bouts in MI? A fair bunch of us are from the Midwest. I'm from Rockford IL and would snowmobile in northern WI and the UP.

I like how the winch is fit into the bumper - yet the bumper does not have a hulking / large image. The recovery hooks make me scratch my head - full pull on the bolt heads and their threads. Different.

dscowell
February 4th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Howdy

Kamp
February 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Thanks! I have put a lot of time into it so hearing things like that is always great! I definitely have a way to go to get it where I want to be. The next few things that I have planned are control arms and lockers. That may not happen for a while though. I ave been spending very irresponsibly:erm:. JKS didn't help when they jacked up all their prices... I got hooked on their stuff really quickly before they did that, and it has slowed down my upgrades. The drop brackets should do just fine for a while though!

That is actually the stock location for the to hooks though! I just thought it looked cool there instead of the bolts that came with the bumper. They are effectively just shimmed out a tiny bit.

Welcome - that jk looks very capable as is. Agree with Jim that the tow hooks are definitely different - almost like they should be mounted horizontally rather than vertically. Whatever works as my old jeep is held together by zip ties - or at least it seems like it sometimes.

Brad
February 4th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Welcome!

dr350jja
February 4th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Nice Jeep. Welcome.

The StRanger
February 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the dark side ...
We have cookies !!!

96EXXLTinCO
February 5th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Hello, and welcome!!

Kamp
February 5th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the dark side ...
We have cookies !!!

I'm a big fan of cookies.

coaz4x4
February 5th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Careful in Colorado anymore with free pastries, they might have an 'extra green' ingredient. :smokin:

javaman34
February 5th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Welcome to our little slice of Heaven.

Kamp
February 5th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Careful in Colorado anymore with free pastries, they might have an 'extra green' ingredient. :smokin:

This is a very good point haha

The StRanger
February 5th, 2016, 09:44 AM
:D

ColoJeeper
February 5th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Welcome

FINOCJ
February 5th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks! I have put a lot of time into it so hearing things like that is always great! I definitely have a way to go to get it where I want to be. The next few things that I have planned are control arms and lockers. That may not happen for a while though. I ave been spending very irresponsibly:erm:. JKS didn't help when they jacked up all their prices... I got hooked on their stuff really quickly before they did that, and it has slowed down my upgrades. The drop brackets should do just fine for a while though!

That is actually the stock location for the to hooks though! I just thought it looked cool there instead of the bolts that came with the bumper. They are effectively just shimmed out a tiny bit.

You got me interested to look - so found a JK in the parking lot and you are right. I never noticed how the hooks were mounted down inside the plastic bumper housing. All I ever saw was the upper hook portion sticking above the bumper. Definitely a different mount style that previous CJ/YJ/TJ that mounted on top of the front frame horns.

Kamp
February 5th, 2016, 04:31 PM
You got me interested to look - so found a JK in the parking lot and you are right. I never noticed how the hooks were mounted down inside the plastic bumper housing. All I ever saw was the upper hook portion sticking above the bumper. Definitely a different mount style that previous CJ/YJ/TJ that mounted on top of the front frame horns.
It's definitely different. I think that I've seen pics of one that was bent out from getting pulled but they are real beefy. I imagine you'd really need to be trying to do that.

Shane
February 5th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Welcome

Brucker
February 16th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Welcome

Adaa60
February 16th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Welcome