PDA

View Full Version : WTD: York compressor Tube-O fittings

Jim
February 6th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I'm looking to complete the York compressor project for this season. I'm in need of the two Tube-O fittings.

Have anything sitting around or know of a good source for me to buy'm?

Patrolman
February 6th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Jim, is this something you can get from Home Depot or Ace? They both sell an abundance of o-rings. I have purchased them there before for automotive uses. Typically much cheaper than buying the "real" thing.

Chris
February 6th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Beat me to it Jeff, I have a combo pack thst has a wide variety of O-rings from Ace.

Jim
February 6th, 2016, 02:08 PM
It's a fitting that is like this (the O-ring is but one component):

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/A!s!C+Fittings+&+Tubing/N0275/C0328.oap?page=6&sortBy=1&results=20

http://acpartsguys.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/44-2151_and_44-2152.83231414_std.jpg

moose
February 6th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I concur that the compression fitting isle at ACE would be my first visit. Jegs.com and SummitRacing.com are also resources. Call their tech support and see if the guy who answers knows about what your trying to do. If not, call back on the next shift. I've had to call several times before to get someone who is knowledgeable. If they have what you need, get the part number and go to ebay to try and save on shipping

Jim
February 6th, 2016, 03:06 PM
I've read that some people have removed the head and drilled / tapped the interior of the exit ports for brass hardware store fittings. I could maybe do that - the O`Riley link has fittings for sub $20/ea (though still some coin).

Was curious if someone has some old fittings sitting in a box in a corner...

scout man
February 6th, 2016, 08:50 PM
When I did mine I used the original A/C hoses and with fitting, and just cut the rubber part of the hose, added in a hose barb and hose clamp, then reduced to the size I wanted from there. Fortunately for me, the york was stock on the rig, so I had the parts, but if you don't you could probably find them pretty easy at the junk yard. I also seem to remember finding a source for them online also, but that was like 6 years ago or so, so who knows now.

Jim
February 6th, 2016, 09:26 PM
I don't have any fittings - but y'all are tell'n me to give Ace a try... I'll it a whack. Thx.

dieseldoc
February 7th, 2016, 07:47 AM
The Ace on Broadway would be the one of choice. A&A trading post carries a ton of stuff.
But Jim is in FoCo.
I think the pic-n-pull is your best bet.
If you have the case apart drilling could be a easy and cheep fix.
The right parts are not cheep....and they are built for extreme pressure and temperature difference.

Patrolman
February 7th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Yep, A&A is as good as it gets. If Jim is coming to South Denver, it might be worth stopping in, but an hour drive isn't worth it.

Jim
February 7th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks folks - I'll let you know what happens.

Haku
February 8th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I bought like 6 York compressors off a dude a year or two ago and they came with all the hoses and fittings. If you want we could maybe set up a time for you to come look at them and see any of them will work for you if you come down this way.

Jim
April 10th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Slow movement on the project.