PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Convention Weekend interest

peglegfury
February 28th, 2016, 10:11 AM
So this just happened
http://ymcarockies.org/winter-family-mountaineering-and-backcountry-weekend/

I was wondering how interested people would be if instead of hiking/mountaineering, if any of you would attend a weekend like this if it was about 4x4/offroading. It would theoretically have the same format with vendors, speakers, trainings and trail runs over the course of 3 days.

If you guys haven't been to the YMCA in Estes Park it's a big conference/hotel complex. It's crazy big and a cool spot to have something like this because it's also within short distance to all the P2P trails.

So is this the type of thing you'd be interested in attending, speaking at or having a vendor/sponsor booth at? (a FR4X4 booth would be cool)

wolfbuzz
February 28th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I think it's a great idea. I remember visiting this compound for a field trip in middle or high school (don't remember which). Organizing an event worthwhile would be quite a task.

peglegfury
March 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
I'm not thinking SEMA or even EXPO east/west type size. They have the facilities for something like that. But being realistic I think it could definitely be a worthwhile weekend.
Don't worry about logistics, that's for the staff up there to figure out.
I'm just trying to gauge people's interest in a locale event. Sometimes it works the opposite of Field of Dreams. If people will come then you build it.

dieseldoc
March 1st, 2016, 08:51 PM
That could be a good thing I would be interested.

Spieg
March 16th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Sounds interesting. Hard to say if I'd attend without some more specific details, but I like the idea.