PDA

View Full Version : Welding & Small Auto Jobs

Fordguy77
March 18th, 2016, 03:58 PM
At the moment I am trying to purchase a house, so the finances are on a tight lock down. So I'm looking to supplement the hobby money with some side work.

Im not the most qualified here, nor am I the least.

Not looking to attempt any large projects are the moment, mostly just odds and ends(Nothing more than a 1 day project). Once Katey and I have our own place, I'll be willing to take on larger scale jobs.

As far as Qualifications go;

Welding:
Im certified in all positions for MIG for both solid wire and flux. Im proficient with stick and tig, however have no certs to offer there.

Auto-Mechanics:
Im a shade tree mechanic, but competent at parts replacing, and routinely rebuild my own engines, axles, etc. Mild diagnostic skills, but far from a legitimate mechanic.

Profession:
I am a Journeyman Millwright of 8 years.

In laymens terms, I am a field engineer who builds, maintains, and dismantles High speed rotating equipment. Basically think the equipment at industrial factories, like on "How Its Made" shows.

As well as power generation work on, Wind, Hydro, Solar, Gas and Steam Turbines, and Generators, as well as their auxiliary support systems.

Rick
March 18th, 2016, 05:45 PM
What would you charge to replace my front axle seals?

dieseldoc
March 18th, 2016, 05:50 PM
You should get some good work from the folks here.

Hope the home but goes well.

94ToyBear
March 18th, 2016, 05:56 PM

I made a seal installer for the CAD Dana 60. Your welcome to use it if you take on Ricks needs. It should work on the driver side seal, not sure about passanger side if it is a NON CAD

dieseldoc
March 18th, 2016, 06:01 PM
I think he has a true d60.

I might be interested to use that thing when I build my front axle.

Chris
March 18th, 2016, 06:14 PM
At the moment I am trying to purchase a house, so the finances are on a tight lock down. So I'm looking to supplement the hobby money with some side work.

Do you have a heated workspace Chris? I need to get my skid plates on before Moab on the 1st but don't have an indoor space anymore and it's too cold for me to work outside right now.

94ToyBear
March 18th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I think he has a true d60.

I might be interested to use that thing when I build my front axle.

Im sure Its non cad too, if anything it should work on the passanger side.
Also made an adapter to work on CAD D30.
Your welcome to it, if anythink i can take a look at it.

Most of the parts are from home depot

96EXXLTinCO
March 19th, 2016, 03:42 AM
Chris, if he doesn't have a space, I have a single car garage, would be a tight fit with all my junk up front and on the sides but I'm working on a solution for that. I could help you make sure they get on before you head out. We're not far from the North Cabela's.

dieseldoc
March 19th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Chris: I will be at the shop most the weekend working on my jeep and finishing Andrew's bumper.
Heated shop tons of tools necks and a crain!

Chris
March 19th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the offers, I'd love to get them on tomorrow (Sunday) but don't want to interfere with anyone getting their own work done. If this is possible please let me know.

Fordguy77
March 19th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Do you have a heated workspace Chris? I need to get my skid plates on before Moab on the 1st but don't have an indoor space anymore and it's too cold for me to work outside right now.
No heated work space for me. Still outside crawling around on the ground.

Fordguy77
March 19th, 2016, 11:54 AM

I'll get a quote on parts tonight and let you know tonight or tomorrow . Haha figures someone would pick a dirty job right off.

96EXXLTinCO
March 19th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the offers, I'd love to get them on tomorrow (Sunday) but don't want to interfere with anyone getting their own work done. If this is possible please let me know.

I'm at a standstill waiting on parts and have nothing going on tomorrow. Like I said it will be a tight fit but should be no problem closing the door and I have a heater in there that does pretty good. Glad to help if you still need it.

Chris
March 19th, 2016, 09:12 PM
PM coming your way Chad.

Nazdreg
March 24th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Would you consider welding on a axle truss and CA mounts on a Jeep frame ?

dieseldoc
March 24th, 2017, 12:13 PM
How about a auto trans R n R
2002 Honda accord we need the trans swapped.
Let me know.

dscowell
March 25th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I got a big rust hole in my bed that could use a patch as well as some other rust repair I have been to forgetful to fix.

Not sure if that is up your ally or not but when I get back if it is something you are willing to do we can negotiate a price.