PDA

View Full Version : Peace from Denver

coolerthanafan
April 7th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Hey guys! Been in CO almost a year. Love this state and looking to explore. Stock 99 4Runner.
I'm looking for some good camping, fly fishing and off roading. A place that is remote or at least not over crowded. We tent camp so I'd like to set up camp and fish, hike or off road. Off roading is at hardest a level 5/6. Not looking for extreme as I am stock with decent tires. More for expedition is what I look for when off roading. I've been up Geneva Creek, Champion Mill and Loch Lomond with ease and I loved it. Before I moved to CO, I always pictured being able to off road to a creek or river bed and set up camp and then go from there. We want to do 2-3 nights and don't mind driving but want to stay in CO as we have not seen this great state yet.
We're snowboarders but closing weekend is upon us and now we want to get out and explore.
Thanks guys!

Adam

Chris
April 7th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Welcome to Front Range! I think I've seen you on snother forum. ;)

Jim
April 7th, 2016, 02:10 PM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

The StRanger
April 7th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the dark side ... we have cookies #!!

Brian
April 7th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Welcome!

Fireball
April 7th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Off roading is at hardest a level 5/6. Not looking for extreme as I am stock with decent tires.

Our group mostly goes by the TrialDamage.Com rating system. 6 is Max on the scale. A stock 4runner with decent tires should stay 3/4 and will probably want a spotter for the sections of 4.

Take a look in the planning pages. We're setting up a group run to Metberry Gulch including some fishing. It will be better with a larger group.

Traildamage ratings: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/legend.php

coolerthanafan
April 7th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Hey Chris!

coolerthanafan
April 7th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Our group mostly goes by the TrialDamage.Com rating system. 6 is Max on the scale. A stock 4runner with decent tires should stay 3/4 and will probably want a spotter for the sections of 4.

Take a look in the planning pages. We're setting up a group run to Metberry Gulch including some fishing. It will be better with a larger group.

Traildamage ratings: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/legend.php

@Fireball Thanks man! I'd like to join you guys. Sounds fun.

coolerthanafan
April 7th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I guess I was giving level of difficulty on a 1 - 10 rating .. Make sense looking gat Trail Damage now

Hypoid
April 7th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Welcome aboard!

dieseldoc
April 7th, 2016, 07:38 PM
welcome to the club

Traildamage goes 1-10
they arecway behind on there trail updates.
we run 6-7 on a regular basis with a basicly stock TJ.
Its on 33's with a leveling kit and spool in the rear.
A stock 4runner with good AT tires and the rear E locker will do the same stuff we do with good tire placement and some good rocker guards, come see me and get some custom stuff built.

look into the cedar mountian road, mettberry gultch area, reat camping and fishing the plate river south of cheeseman resivor.

Brad
April 7th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Welcome!

Jim
April 7th, 2016, 08:44 PM
TrialDamage.Com rating system. 6 is Max on the scale.

Traildamage goes 1-10

It's been so long since I considered the scale - you two made me look. Yes, a 1-10 range:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/ratings.php

dscowell
April 7th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Howdy!

Java
April 8th, 2016, 05:23 AM
Welcome! :thumb:

Rick
April 8th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Welcome!!!

Fireball
April 8th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Traildamage goes 1-10

So they must have updated their ratings in the past 2 years.
Looking around...
I see that Spring Creek is now a 6/8.
Hackett Gulch is a good vehicle breaker, rated most difficult, and it's not a 10. Traildamage has it listed as a 5/6 even though the trailhead sign reads "Most Difficult".

coolerthanafan
April 8th, 2016, 01:43 PM
welcome to the club

Traildamage goes 1-10
A stock 4runner with good AT tires and the rear E locker will do the same stuff we do with good tire placement and some good rocker guards, come see me and get some custom stuff built.

look into the cedar mountian road, mettberry gultch area, reat camping and fishing the plate river south of cheeseman resivor.

Thanks @dieseldoc ... I will be looking for a couple things to be built soon, so I will contact you .. Gonna checkout the places you recommended also

Chris
April 8th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Good to see you made it here Adam!

dieseldoc
April 8th, 2016, 05:05 PM
the 2nd half of hackett is where thar comes from.
there has been roll overs with deaths out there. but with no seat belt it will happen.

hackett is a good time. we run this one offten and in the snow and ice to make it harder.

javaman34
April 9th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Welcome to our little slice of Heaven.

Brucker
April 10th, 2016, 06:06 PM
welcome

Spieg
April 10th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Welcome!

Dakota Rigs
April 15th, 2016, 12:24 PM
welcome to the club

Traildamage goes 1-10

A stock 91 rodeo with bad tires followed pretty well as well without lockers. I'm sure a 4runner will be fine.