PDA

View Full Version : Wtb yard tools

94ToyBear
April 25th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Some may know we just bought our 1st house.
Ill tell you what the work never ends! I give props to all home owners that do their own work and the ones who pay to have it done.

Now that im done playing fireman and putting out all the little fires that popped up the past 4 week the lawn creeped up on me after the snow melt.

Im after yard tools, i have all new shovels, rakes, axe, and what not, im after lawn mower, weed eater, edger.
Anyone want to sell me something they are not using?
I have a mower and weed eater, but they are to far gone, and i just dont have the time to fix.

Patrolman
April 25th, 2016, 05:17 PM
My brother-in-law may have a set to sell. Will ask him what he has extra that is sitting in his shed (I can't recall).

Jim
April 25th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I have a weed eater. Used one season from July 2007 through Aug 2008. It's been in the garage (good condition) and I believe I drained fuel before sitting it in the corner.

edit- july 2007 not 2008

Piccy shortly.

Brucker
April 25th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I have a weed eater. Used one season from July 2008 through Aug 2008. It's been in the garage (good condition) and I believe I drained fuel before sitting it in the corner.

Piccy shortly.

If the OP isn't interested I may be. Mine died this past weekend...

Chris
April 25th, 2016, 06:13 PM
This thread makes me happy to live in a condo! :D

Tom
April 25th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I got a really good toro for $60 off craiglist late last summer after the wife bent the shaft on the one we were using. Might check cl.

94ToyBear
April 25th, 2016, 06:27 PM
This thread makes me happy to live in a condo! :D

😄😄😄😄

94ToyBear
April 25th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I got a really good toro for $60 off craiglist late last summer after the wife bent the shaft on the one we were using. Might check cl.

I checked there are a few good deals on there.
Id like to put the bucks in a memebers pocket instead if i can.

Patrolman
April 25th, 2016, 06:46 PM
If I can give my opinion, personally I prefer an electric mower and weed eater. Neither really requires maintenance, and honestly I have never used anything else. Just don't get a battery powered one. You have to deal with the cord, but if you can vacuum, you can use an electric mower.

This is identical to our mower (only $60 used):
https://denver.craigslist.org/grd/5490526187.html

and this is identical to our weed whacker (only $30 new):
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-13-in-4-Amp-Straight-Electric-String-Trimmer-UT41112B/203737870

94ToyBear
April 25th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I have not put to much thought in to electric as i have never used them. Everything i have evver used is gas.
Im not oppose to electric if the price is right.

Chris
April 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM
If you get an electric with a cord, buy a bunch of electrical tape if you're anything like me! :lmao:

Patrolman
April 25th, 2016, 07:25 PM
If you get an electric with a cord, buy a bunch of electrical tape if you're anything like me! :lmao:

Remind me not to let you near my cords! I got a few good quality cords years ago, and have never run one over. So far so good as well with letting the wife use them too.

Chris
April 25th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Obviously you're more disciplined than I am Jeff, most of my cords have black stripes from being cut. When I had an electric mower it looked like a zebra. My second electric was cordless.

The StRanger
April 25th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Just a.little input. When we 1st moved in here I ran all the edges with treat 4x4s. Just picked up a couple on 12 footers every payday and now I don't need an edger !

Jim
April 25th, 2016, 08:17 PM
pix

25cc - dual string head
Sears model
SearsPartsDirect.com info - manual / parts breakdown (http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Grass-Line-Trimmer-Parts/user-manuals/manual-downloads/Model-358791030/0247/1503820?modelNumber=358791030&diagramPageId=&documentId=)

Fatboris
May 22nd, 2016, 09:32 AM
I have an electric edger that's barely used...$40 if you're interested?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Decker-EdgeHog-2-in-1-Landscape-Edger-Model-LE750/1235796

Tom
May 22nd, 2016, 11:12 AM
I've a craftsman power driven lawn mower. Its yours for free if you want. Only thing is it needs an engine, (seems to be a thing with me lately). The wife bent the crank by hitting a large tree root.

94ToyBear
May 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
I've a craftsman power driven lawn mower. Its yours for free if you want. Only thing is it needs an engine, (seems to be a thing with me lately). The wife bent the crank by hitting a large tree root.

:lmao:
Pretty funny lol
Ill have to pass on it, seems we got the same mower tho...i fized ome up from my parents, got a new bowl and cut the grass 1 and 1/2 times before it started acting up.

One thing to check before you toss it it the fly wheel key.
They shear off by design.

Patrolman
May 22nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
I have an electric edger that's barely used...$40 if you're interested?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Decker-EdgeHog-2-in-1-Landscape-Edger-Model-LE750/1235796

If Adam isn't interested in the edger and you want to get rid of it, I may be interested. We don't have one but could probably use one.

Tom
May 22nd, 2016, 01:30 PM
:lmao:
Pretty funny lol
Ill have to pass on it, seems we got the same mower tho...i fized ome up from my parents, got a new bowl and cut the grass 1 and 1/2 times before it started acting up.

One thing to check before you toss it it the fly wheel key.
They shear off by design.I don't believe thats the problem. I was able.to.get.it started, and it cut the grass, but the whole machine vibrated so bad it was going to shake apart.

Fatboris
May 22nd, 2016, 02:51 PM
If Adam isn't interested in the edger and you want to get rid of it, I may be interested. We don't have one but could probably use one.

Sure, let me know. I haven't kept abreast of the secondary market for edgers so I pulled that number out of my arse... Get it and give me what it's worth to you if you want it.

94ToyBear
May 22nd, 2016, 07:33 PM
I don't believe thats the problem. I was able.to.get.it started, and it cut the grass, but the whole machine vibrated so bad it was going to shake apart.

Ill be up north to pick up the weed eater from jim, if i find the time maybe,i can stop buy and get it off your hands.
Maybe i have a student that will want to dig in to it

94ToyBear
May 22nd, 2016, 07:35 PM
Jeff your welcome to it and if you dont get it let me know.

Thanks for the offer eric

Patrolman
May 22nd, 2016, 08:45 PM
Thanks Adam. Let me ask the wife. She does the majority of the yard work. :)

Tom
May 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
Ill be up north to pick up the weed eater from jim, if i find the time maybe,i can stop buy and get it off your hands.
Maybe i have a student that will want to dig in to it
Just let me know when. I'll put it out for you. No need for me to be home.