PDA

View Full Version : Living in Littleton, what's it like?

husky390
May 1st, 2016, 09:02 PM
Can't believe it, but we're under contract for a house in Littleton. The house is sweet, no HOA, clean neighborhood and with some work, I'll have side yard access for my flatbed trailer. Anyways, I'm not too familiar with the area as I've only lived in Castle Rock and Highlands Ranch. The area we're moving to is roughly Coal Mine and Wadsworth, so what's it like? Is it all rainbows and unicorn farts?

Patrolman
May 1st, 2016, 09:04 PM
It probably isn't within the formal city limits. Is it unincorporated Jeffco?

husky390
May 1st, 2016, 09:08 PM
I believe it is unincorporated Jeffco since I called Littleton PD about the area and they said they didn't cover that area.

ExplorerTom
May 1st, 2016, 09:11 PM
I used to live at Wads and Chatfield.

Its like living...... anywhere else. Quick access to the mountains. Low sales tax.

Patrolman
May 1st, 2016, 09:24 PM
Yep, we live in unincorporated Jeffco. Low sales tax, no city hassling you over stuff, and you can typically park whatever you want in your driveway.

husky390
May 1st, 2016, 09:29 PM
Yep, we live in unincorporated Jeffco. Low sales tax, no city hassling you over stuff, and you can typically park whatever you want in your driveway.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Man it will be nice to be out from under an HOA's thumb.

dieseldoc
May 2nd, 2016, 06:06 PM
its not a bad area, low taxes and little interferance from the city. It is how ever jeffco schools, and jeffco. the schools are locking kids up for trueancy, and thus putting them into the systoem.
traffic on Wadsworth sucks big time even that far south. yet you are close to the hills, chatfield res, C-470, and a few different malls.
Congrats on the new home without the HOA