PDA

View Full Version : Another jeep

newracer
May 7th, 2016, 05:17 PM
My son will be leaving for college in Utah soon. Picked him up a 2000 Cherokee Sport today.

Patrolman
May 7th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Nice ride! It should serve him well. Where is UT is he headed?

newracer
May 7th, 2016, 05:37 PM
University of Utah in Salt Lake. I am proud to say he earned a full tuition scholarship based on his academics in high school.

Patrolman
May 7th, 2016, 05:49 PM
A couple of my friends went there for the MS degrees. They enjoyed it, and it allowed them relatively easy access to Moab. Congrats to him for a full ride! That is a great opportunity.

ExplorerTom
May 7th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Are Cherokees always that low, or is your son really tall? Or do I spend too much time around lifted rigs?

that's great about the full ride for academics. You don't hear about that one too often.

Jim
May 7th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Congratulations that he's receiving (for his hard work) the scholarship!

Will the jeep need any maintenance tasks tended before he head's west? Is he a mechanical person (or is he going to start learning in "summer school" - LOL)?

newracer
May 7th, 2016, 09:22 PM
He already knows how to do most of the basic stuff. He/we will be changing all the fluids, probably next weekend, just to know that they are all good.

He is fairly mechanical minded. With just my supervision he replaced the driveshaft in my JKUR a few weeks ago.

dieseldoc
May 7th, 2016, 09:25 PM
congrts on the scholership! its not easy to do now days.
nice buy as well.

he should look up the UTAH4x4club.com as they are good people, at least they were when I was living there up tell 2009

The StRanger
May 7th, 2016, 09:46 PM
University of Utah in Salt Lake. I am proud to say he earned a full tuition scholarship based on his academics in high school.

very nice.
Born & raise in SLC !!!

Brad
May 8th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Congrats to him! My son is headed to CSU!

Java
May 8th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Congratulations!! That's an impressive kid you have there. :thumb:

Chris
May 8th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Congrats to your son, a full ride deserves a new ride!

newracer
May 8th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Are Cherokees always that low, or is your son really tall? Or do I spend too much time around lifted rigs?

that's great about the full ride for academics. You don't hear about that one too often.
He is 5'10" and the road is crowned. They are pretty low.

dieseldoc
May 8th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Cherokee comes with all of a 28" tire....
They are low from the factory.

Hypoid
May 8th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Congrats to your son for the recognition and reward for his effort! As my old manager said: "That is the price of admission!" ;)

dscowell
May 8th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Rock on! What is your son studying?

newracer
May 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM
His major will be biomechanical engineering.