PDA

View Full Version : Sat 14th

dieseldoc
May 9th, 2016, 07:21 PM
So we are having so trail with draw.....
We are looking to get out and test the new lift and get so trail time.
I know a lot is still closed but we really need to get out.
Even is on board and looking into what to run....
Who wants to get out and play and what sounds good?

94ToyBear
May 9th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Urban crawling hint hint ☺

redneck23ms
May 9th, 2016, 09:50 PM
chinamans

96EXXLTinCO
May 10th, 2016, 04:20 AM
We live LITERALLY at the Yankee Hill trailhead now. Right across from the cemeteries. Not the most challenging I know, but close by and good learning grounds. I'll be watching to see where you end up.

Brad
May 10th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Have seen a group of tacoma's make it up Yankee.

http://www.rockymountainoverland.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-rig-today.507/page-44

96EXXLTinCO
May 11th, 2016, 03:40 AM
I tried Yankee Monday and yesterday, one damn spot turned us back both days.

DETN8R
May 11th, 2016, 09:15 PM
And if the 4x4 Facebook rescue group is anything to go by. I'll probably just stay away from Yankee Hill.

Richard
May 11th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I went up to red cone and Webster pass today, well as far as I could lol. Met a nice guy on a quad and he said still a ton of snow about a mile where the road splits and I stopped. I really want to do red cone this summer. Im down for what ever and would love to get off road again this weekend. Let me know where.

96EXXLTinCO
May 12th, 2016, 01:59 AM
And if the 4x4 Facebook rescue group is anything to go by. I'll probably just stay away from Yankee Hill.

LOL. Its a year round trail so theres more traffic in the winter, and the people getting stuck shouldnt have gone in the first place. They were unprepared, alone, or both. Last year some friends joined our lunar eclipse run up Yankee in a bone stock jeep liberty and made it with only a ding to the front leaf spring hanger for the rear. The spot I turned back from the last couple times up is where that happened to them, plus I was a solo rig up there so cant push it. I've made it up to the clearing with "poser rock" in 2wd, no problem. It gets a little rougher after that but still nothing all that tough. You just dont see too many rescue recoveries on FB involving people carrying the proper equipment and/or out with a group.

dieseldoc
May 12th, 2016, 05:53 PM
We are looking at Kingston peak or Rollins pass.
We know the snow will be deep at the top of these but the trail systems in the area leave a ton to do up there.
I will post time and such as soon as Evan firms something up.

Chad will see a lot of rescue calls come winter as he is so close to Yankee hill.

Tom
May 12th, 2016, 06:37 PM
We are looking at Kingston peak or Rollins pass.
We know the snow will be deep at the top of these but the trail systems in the area leave a ton to do up there.
I will post time and such as soon as Evan firms something up.

Chad will see a lot of rescue calls come winter as he is so close to Yankee hill.Kingston is gated shut this time of year. Doesn't usually open till July. Won't make it too far up Rollins either.

96EXXLTinCO
May 12th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Kingston is gated shut this time of year. Doesn't usually open till July. Won't make it too far up Rollins either.

Totally agree with Tom. There was just a recovery on Rollins the other day, just a side x side the guy got stuck up the trail a ways. One of our guys went up there on locked 35's and struggled to even make it to where the side x side was and reported 12-18" in most places with drifts going deeper than that. There was another group that tried it, all really big and really built rigs, and I know they made it to the side x side but I don't know how far they made it altogether. It's been warm up here the last couple days and I've noticed increased run-off, but up near treeline is still holding snow pretty well. Went through Nederland today and saw that even Eldora ski area still has snow on all the runs. The parking lot there is about 9300 ft with their highest point around 10,700, all showing snow. On top of that, a lot of the Rollins trail is in the trees which will hold more snow longer as well. I've heard that slaughterhouse is clear but there will be a huge group up there Saturday doing a clean up run, I saw someone was going to run Pickle gulch the other day but did not see a trip report. I'll dig around my resources and see what I can turn up for current conditions on open trails.

94ToyBear
May 13th, 2016, 06:11 AM
If all else fails......some to the car show and urban crawl !

dieseldoc
May 13th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Well he'll we will have to figure out something else then....

redneck23ms
May 13th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Might as well come to china mans. It's not that far from Denver.

dieseldoc
May 13th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Yup guys will be out there any how rightnow