PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ Doors

Goose
May 31st, 2016, 05:52 PM
I've never driven a Jeep with doors on during the summer, and I don't plan on breaking my streak this year. I was injured while skiing in 2015 and can no longer lift and move the cumbersome doors on my Wrangler. Would anyone be willing to help me remove and store my doors this week? I live in the denver tech center, just off of Belleview. Feel free to text me @8124579291 if you're available. Much appreciated!

Goose
May 31st, 2016, 07:18 PM
**2 door. I'll throw in a six pack to make it worth your while if someone can help get em off before Friday!

Patrolman
May 31st, 2016, 10:47 PM
I am just curious, how much do the doors weigh?

Max
June 1st, 2016, 06:42 AM
2007+ Wrangler doors are heavier than you think for something that looks hollow! Especially trying to align them on the door hinges.

Chris
June 1st, 2016, 08:12 PM
Sorry you're not getting a better response Scott, I'd lend a hand except my back isn't any good either.

Jim
June 1st, 2016, 08:18 PM
If I was to be in your area, most certainly! (though sadly, likely not)

dieseldoc
June 1st, 2016, 09:39 PM
I would have more time If this was not a short week.
Sorry Scott just had timming for me.

Jim
June 1st, 2016, 10:12 PM
Hmmm - Craigslist for general help ads (one of my clients is a general help guy)? Granted, you might not want an unknown person visiting your garage. Any neighbor kids?

Max
June 2nd, 2016, 07:02 AM
Too bad those Denver folks are not as friendly as us Fort Collins and Boulder folks, right Jim? If he was close, I'd totally help.

Patrolman
June 2nd, 2016, 08:28 AM
Maybe all the able bodied folks are up North. :) Or maybe all the old fogies are in Denver. I have been dealing with an illness which limits how much I am able to lift. That means some things either just don't get done, or a bit of creativity and asking for help has to be involved.

Looks like the doors weigh 60lbs each based on Google. I was curious because my 4Runner doors are around 40lbs. Next time they are off I should weigh them.

Chris
June 2nd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Hey, I take that personally Jeff! :brody:

Sorry you're still dealing with issues. I changed a tire a couple days ago and ended up at the back doc so I'm even more useless than usual.

Scott, do you work 9-5? My son might be available to help if you could stop by his place or mine. We're both in Aurora. Let me know your availability and I'll see if he can help later today or tomorrow before we head to Moab on Saturday.

JGRubicon
June 2nd, 2016, 04:45 PM
I'll help if you pick me up near City Park and drip me back off. I'm currently without a personal vehicle.

Max
June 2nd, 2016, 06:43 PM
I'm in Westminster right now, and I mapped out how long it would take to get to Greenwood Village, since I'm bored and I could come help. Traffic is super bad, it would still take 45 minutes from here! Damn!

Geno
June 3rd, 2016, 11:33 AM
Hello,
I live in the springs and too far too help. Do you have a open rafter ceiling in your garage ? You could buy a cheap com-a-long at harbor freight and hook up to rafters and let that that do the work of lifting off / on doors next fall. put them on some old carpet on floor/ cheap small carpet at dollar store to set doors on. Hook up to rafters near out side wall and just lay them against wall or cover with tarp. once on floor they will easier to move around if need to place some where. :2c:

Jeremy
June 3rd, 2016, 11:37 AM
I'm down in the Springs on military duty for the weekend, but I drive home Sunday (should be in Denver about 5pm-ish) and I could stop by and give you a hand.

Not sure if you want to wait through the nice weekend though.

JLaser
June 7th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I am just curious, how much do the doors weigh?

Found this on wranglerforum.com:

"Weighed my 2012 JKU doors today. Front: 62.2 lbs and rear: 46.4 lbs. hope his helps someone."

This is with the electric windows/locks.

I think the 2-door doors with manual crank windows are about the same as the front JKU doors (comparing mine to Scott's, they feel about the same - not very high tech, but...).

Goose
June 7th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Hey all, I just got help today from Jesse (idk his tag). Big thanks to him and I appreciate the response and offers to help from the rest of you guys. This community rocks!

JLaser
June 7th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Anytime! Sorry I was out of town last week or we could have had it done by Friday. At least you had it all buttoned up for the rain yesterday!