PDA

View Full Version : The toy hauler gets new shoes!

TJS86TOY
July 12th, 2016, 04:28 PM
So it was time to get rid of the Treadwright M/T's that didn't even last a year. In searching around I called a tire shop I usually use and was quoted some pretty high prices for BFG's , General on and on. Finally the guy mentioned a "new" tire that had just came out. Of course skeptical, I asked a lot of questions about this tire, seemed too good to be true, but they had it in the size I wanted 305/65/17 (33x12.5x17) and in load range E. The price was great, 900.00 for all 4 mounted and balanced.
The first thing I noticed was the ride! Sooooo much better than the TW's and they have the little snowflake symbol on them. They handle great and I can actually hear the diesel now! Hardly any noise at all! The TW's where breaking the sound barrier with noise!

They are new so hopefully this wont be a foot in mouth type of thing later on down the road. I have been searching for a good tire on and off road that lasts for a while. My truck is a F350 crew cab 8' bed that weighs 10,000 pounds and to top it off I carry a 2300 pound overhead camper and sometimes while hauling the 4Runner. Believe me it eats tires. Suppose it dosent help having the turbo diesel built and programmed.

So the tires are called AMP and the ones I got are the Terrain Gripper A/T G. http://www.amp-tires.com/terrain-gripper/

Have not got them off road or in snow yet but I will do my best to update every so often on wear and performance, and if anyone here currently runs them feel free to chime in. Hopefully positive ;)

Anyway, just thought I would throw these out as an option for tires! Cheers!

dieseldoc
July 12th, 2016, 06:34 PM
nice TJ, finding a quality tire with a good price is not easy.
hope they wear out well!

Brian
July 12th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Good info. I never heard of these either and I'll be looking this Fall for some "E" rated tires as well.