PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Rental

Chris
May 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Since I'm going to 1 truck again my plans for Moab have changed and I need to find a local Jeep rental that rents capable Jeeps.

Anyone able to single one out for my visiting friends to drive?

TIA!

Patrolman
May 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
When are you looking to rent? Here or somewhere along the way to Moab?

Chris
May 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
He wants to rent here on July 4th because we need to haul camping gear etc and my 62 won't hold 5 people plus the gear for about 5 days.

Patrolman
May 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Just a thought... Roofrack? Small trailer? Might be good investments! Even if they only get you to Moab and then you rent a Jeep there, still not a bad investment! Those are both cheaper and smaller than a 2nd rig. Always looking for "alternatives".

Chris
May 10th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks but he's got money to cover the extra days and miles and comfort is always a plus for all of us. ;)

Patrolman
May 10th, 2008, 05:07 PM
There used to be a place in Durango that rented Wranglers. I am sure they are elsewhere as well. Ugly Duckling if I remember right. Usually you were getting a 10 year old car, if not older. Cheap rentals and a small scratch likely isn't nearly as big a deal.

SCRubicon
May 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I don't know of anything here in CO. But, I've rented from Cliffhanger in Moab and they were a good outfit. Drove the Jetta down, picked up the jeep, let the car sit in the hotel parking lot all weekend.

Chris
May 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks but they are flying in so I'm hoping to find something in the Denver area. The fact that my 2 trucks aren't making this trip is screwing everything up.

Patrolman
May 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I used to work for Budget rentals, and I know they didn't carry any Jeeps or real 4x4s for that matter. I was going to suggest looking just West of town. I am sure you can find a rental just up in the hills. Maybe Idaho Springs or something nearby.