PDA

View Full Version : So went wheeling the other day....

TJS86TOY
August 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM
So went up to black bear and......
No, not really. but MAN , Guess back in the day people had some kind of deathwish.. Heck, not sure if I would even do that on my ATV!

newracer
August 1st, 2016, 11:14 PM
It isn't real.

Jim
August 1st, 2016, 11:15 PM
Either way - a fun pic!

Chris
August 2nd, 2016, 07:35 AM
It's from a Warn winch ad from long ago.

newracer
August 2nd, 2016, 07:40 AM
https://www.warn.com/blog/images/1820/vintage_warn_ad_2_sm_feat.jpg

TJS86TOY
August 2nd, 2016, 07:43 AM
It isn't real.

Michael, I knew that. Was just trying to spark a conversation. And Like Jim said, it's Kindof a cool pic. The physics would greatly be against anyone surviving that trail for ten more feet :)

newracer
August 2nd, 2016, 08:02 AM
I bet even the real picture is still a great shot and just as scary.

When I ran Black Bear a few years ago there were a few spots where my wife was screaming for me to move to the drivers side because my passenger tire was almost to the edge. Well the drivers tire was already against the uphill edge. She said if we were to stop at those spots there would not be enough space for her to stand to get out of the Jeep. At that time my Jeep was almost 86" wide.

TJS86TOY
August 2nd, 2016, 08:15 AM
That sounds like a little more than I want to do. Black Bear is one of the trails I really want to do but Im afraid my width would be a issue. I would be on the trail stopped looking like a deer in the headlights!

newracer
August 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
She may have been exaggerating but it is very narrow in spots with a sheer cliff down one side. The tour companies take full size trucks down them all the time. Just have to take it slow and pay close attention.

Black Bear into Telluride followed by Imogene over to Ouray is the best day trip in Colorado in my opinion.

Jim
August 2nd, 2016, 08:51 AM
And to think - Photoshop wasn't around when that picture was "created". Some good dark room work perhaps.

Chris
August 2nd, 2016, 09:36 AM
Black Bear into Telluride followed by Imogene over to Ouray is the best day trip in Colorado in my opinion.

I agree 100%, I'm hoping to spend a couple weeks there yet this season to make up for not getting out since May. I really enjoy the whole area.

JandDGreens
August 3rd, 2016, 08:39 PM
There is a U-tube vid of a road Google himalayas bus route That is one crazy road

Chris
August 3rd, 2016, 09:38 PM
There is a U-tube vid of a road Google himalayas bus route That is one crazy road

Google "most dangerous roads" you'll see it and more.

Funny but Million Dollar Highway is listed. :rolleyes:

96EXXLTinCO
August 6th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Found a "world's most dangerous roads" website. Oh my god road is listed on it, as well as pretty much anything with a name ending in "pass". IIRC the writer says two brothers road should only be driven by drivers experienced in off road driving and with a capable 4wheeling drive ...............*blink, blink, *.............Leila sent him an email about his over exagerations on oh my god and two brothers, he replied rather nastily and so did his editor!!! SOOOOO I haven't managed to get up there yet, but my plan is get video of me driving two brothers in my '01 Eclipse Spyder GT and send that to em along an email that simply states the name, Two Brothers