PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: car hauler

foxtrot
August 20th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Looking for a basic car hauler. If anyone knows of a good place to get one or has one they want to sell let me know. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Thanks!

husky390
August 30th, 2016, 09:56 PM
These guy's have the best deal I could find. They offer two brands of trailers, both are built with 5" C-channel frames and appeared to be built pretty solid. I plan to buy a Diamond C once I get the room to park it in the Spring and they also have some on sale. I was much more impressed with these than Big-Tex.

http://heightsrv.com/trailers-for-sale/

newracer
August 30th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I have seen some on various Facebook groups for good prices.

foxtrot
September 1st, 2016, 05:37 PM
Wow, just seems crazy to me how much trailers are up here. There is a place back home (Texas) where I can get a brand new 16' + 2' dovetail with one brake axle for 1700. Maybe I will just wait until u take a trip down there

newracer
September 1st, 2016, 05:58 PM
Many people go out of state to get trailers.

husky390
September 6th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Agreed, and used trailers on Craigslist are not much less than new trailers. FYI, it's my understanding that you need brakes on both axles to be legal in CO.

redneck23ms
September 7th, 2016, 06:17 AM
according to a quick search it doesn't state that both axles must have brakes.
"Every trailer or semitrailer of a gross weight of 3,000 lbs. or more shall be equipped with brakes adequate to control the movement of and to stop and hold such vehicle. Brakes shall also be designed and connected that in case of an accidental breakaway of the towed vehicle, the brakes shall automatically apply."
my trailer only has brakes on one axle.