PDA

View Full Version : Hunting and Fishing license cost increase

dscowell
August 31st, 2016, 09:39 PM
http://kdvr.com/2016/08/31/hunting-and-fishing-licenses-could-increase-by-100/

Well this is a total bummer. I will avoid getting to political I'm alright paying for fishing licenses because I understand that they help with conservation and keep the environment in check but I'd don't really want to be paying double. Maybe I should just learn to catch fish and it may not be such a big deal..

96EXXLTinCO
September 1st, 2016, 05:28 AM
It already cost too much for waterfowl just to get up at 3AM, and fight for a spot on public land just to have some jerk try to sky bust every bird within sight, making it impossible to decoy anything. Maybe time to sell all the gear if this happens.......

dscowell
September 1st, 2016, 08:51 PM
I was wanting to get my hunters safety and do some small game hunting but I think that will be held off for a while now if this increase happens.

Java
September 2nd, 2016, 07:45 PM
And on the other side of the universe...

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/staten_island_deer_vasectomy_begin.html?utm_campai gn=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=statenislandadvance#incart_river_home

"STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Buckle up: the city will start giving vasectomies to Staten Island deer next week.

Anthony DeNicola of White Buffalo (http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/anthony_denicola_staten_island.html) will begin sterilizing hundreds of male deer on Monday night in time for the whitetail rut this fall, City Hall said.
The Parks Department is paying White Buffalo and DeNicola $2 million this year as part of the three-year plan to cut down the Island's out-of-control herd. "

dieseldoc
September 3rd, 2016, 09:28 AM
What most of you are failing to mention is that with you fishing license you get back country extraction insurance.
This cost has gone way up so it makes sense that the license goes up.

That being said the costs are going up as we have so many folks moving here and doing really stupid stuff.
"Hey let's go hike in the mountians" and all they take is the dam cell phone....
No food, no water, no emergency gear for bad weather.
Let alone research where they are going.

I have seen countless times some out of state cool stuck above tree line with no way to communicate, and with no provisions.

This is why we all get to pay more for the license that covers you if you need to be recued!

Sample fix....new hunting tag, with legal discharge of a fire arm in the city limits, STUPID!
Let us hunt stupid out of existence instead of protecting it.

We have let to population get so stupid that folks get there dumb ass stuck in the middle of no man's land and every one else pays for it.

newracer
September 3rd, 2016, 04:55 PM
The search and rescue fee on the licenses is not insurance and has nothing to do with the cost involved with a rescue.

That fee goes to a fund that S&R volunteers and groups can apply to be reimbursed for expenses.

Bob
September 5th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Since parks and wildlife merged, do the license fees now subsidize the parks? I haven't heard of a 100% increase suggested for parks fees.

Regardless, with little money from taxes, increases in various fees are inevitable (like happens now with vehicle registrations). There is no free lunch, unfortunately.

dscowell
September 7th, 2016, 05:59 PM
And on the other side of the universe...

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/staten_island_deer_vasectomy_begin.html?utm_campai gn=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=statenislandadvance#incart_river_home

"STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Buckle up: the city will start giving vasectomies to Staten Island deer next week.

Anthony DeNicola of White Buffalo (http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/anthony_denicola_staten_island.html) will begin sterilizing hundreds of male deer on Monday night in time for the whitetail rut this fall, City Hall said.
The Parks Department is paying White Buffalo and DeNicola $2 million this year as part of the three-year plan to cut down the Island's out-of-control herd. "

They could just do what Seeley Lake does and give out unlimited deer tags but then again in a more populated part of the world that wouldn't work as well.

husky390
September 13th, 2016, 09:10 PM
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it's a cash grab since DOW merged with Parks (it should never have happened) but I'll pay it. Our hunting opportunities and regulations are far better than AZ where you're forced to buy a license whether you draw a tag or not.

dscowell
September 13th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I just don't want to pay it. I'm only in Colorado for 3 months of the year and I felt the $26 for the license was reasonable enough but soon to be ~$52 is too much at least for me and the few months I have to fish. I don't hunt I've wanted to get into some small game but now I think I'll just put it off.

Hypoid
September 14th, 2016, 12:10 AM
I just don't want to pay it. I'm only in Colorado for 3 months of the year and I felt the $26 for the license was reasonable enough but soon to be ~$52 is too much at least for me and the few months I have to fish. I don't hunt I've wanted to get into some small game but now I think I'll just put it off.What state issued your current driver's license? OK, I'm done with that.

I am curious, would the Hunter Safety certificate/card be valid in any state?

dscowell
September 14th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Other states have to honor hunter safety certificates from different states.

Hypoid
September 14th, 2016, 05:24 PM
You have nothing to lose by taking that Hunter Safety class where you are. :thumb:

Who knows, you might be able to harvest some food during the nine months of the year you are not in Colorado.

dscowell
September 14th, 2016, 08:43 PM
The hunter safety is me just being lazy and putting it off. Don't know about hunting here though since a license and out of state tag would be a whole lot of money but you are right if I got something good I wouldn't need to buy meat for a while.