PDA

View Full Version : Friday September 9th

Brandtrbs
September 4th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I was looking to run wheels lake Friday the 9th. But I am open to suggestions, I wanting to get out somtime this season. Plus I need to test out my new rig. I am wanting easy to moderate trail, I'm still learning the new truck.

Thanks, open to ideas.

Java
September 5th, 2016, 06:29 AM
New rig? How could you part with that cruiser???

Chris
September 5th, 2016, 08:22 AM
New rig? How could you part with that cruiser???

Let me rephrase that for you Paul.
How can you part with a cruiser nearing 300k miles that gets 8mpg with a good tailwind? :D

Chris
September 5th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I was looking to run wheels lake Friday the 9th. But I am open to suggestions, I wanting to get out somtime this season. Plus I need to test out my new rig. I am wanting easy to moderate trail, I'm still learning the new truck.

Thanks, open to ideas.

Wheeler Lake probably isn't the best choice until you get sliders. I'll talk with you later about getting out Friday.

FINOCJ
September 6th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Wheeler Lake probably isn't the best choice until you get sliders. I'll talk with you later about getting out Friday.

Dad, you are no fun...voice of reason maybe...

Chris
September 6th, 2016, 09:21 AM
:lmao: Probably a bit of both!

We've decided on Barbour Fork, James.

FINOCJ
September 6th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I did see the posted run - work on Fri though. I've never run wheeler and do not have sliders or locker - so there might be a relationship there. Its on my list but I think I would like to improve the rig a bit more first.

Have fun and if your looking to get out on Sat or Sun as well - maybe we can get together.

Chris
September 6th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Friday's are good days to call in sick!

Wheeler is a fun trail but Bowling Ball Hill is unpredictable and I like a bit of rocker protection. This will be Ryan's first run with his new truck and my first since hurting my back in early June thus taking it a bit easy.

Brandtrbs
September 6th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Better fuel consumption and more of a daily driver. My 80 was great for every thing but as DD it wasn't that logical.

Java
September 7th, 2016, 07:41 AM
I didn't realize it had that mileage, nice job maintaining it. Someone is going to get a fantastic platform for a restoration. :thumb: What is the new rig?

The StRanger
September 7th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Dad, you are no fun...voice of reason maybe...

Lol !

Chris
September 7th, 2016, 07:54 PM
I didn't realize it had that mileage, nice job maintaining it. Someone is going to get a fantastic platform for a restoration. :thumb: What is the new rig?

It'll soon be on its way to Germany with the new owner (Army) so we'll probably never know whay happens to it. The new is a Taco that's all I know. :lmao:

Rob
September 8th, 2016, 01:54 PM
In.

Chris
September 8th, 2016, 04:43 PM
11:00-11:30 at McDonalds in Idaho Springs, Rob

Rob
September 8th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Is that for the trail run or lunch? :D

Chris
September 8th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Lunch then trail - You'll have 6 hours to kill before heading out :lmao: