PDA

View Full Version : ColoradoOverlandRoutesandElements.com

Java
September 30th, 2016, 02:54 PM
deleted, linked pages and videos no longer exist

Chris
September 30th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Interesting Paul, I'll suggest making it responsive before you get too far into it. A responsive theme displays correctly on phones, tablets, etc rather than just desktops. We're moving in the direction fast and this type of site is such that folks would probably like to access when out and about.

Just a suggestion. ;)

ExplorerTom
September 30th, 2016, 05:42 PM
So I'm going to pose a fairly obvious question (at least i think): do you know about Rocky Mountain Overland?

the group feels like it's on life support recently, but there's a good group of people there as well.

Chris
September 30th, 2016, 06:04 PM
the group feels like it's on life support recently, but there's a good group of people there as well.

It's hard to get any new site active particulary when one similar is already up and struggling. Hell, with 76 million websites it's pretty amazing anyone, even backed with money gets any traction.

I own 4x4Colorado.com which should be able to hook on to existing similar names in search engines but I'm not sure I have the energy to try to make a go of it.

Java
September 30th, 2016, 06:46 PM

TJS86TOY
October 3rd, 2016, 02:08 PM
I may be able to contribute, Over the years I have tracked, placemarked, every trail I have run as well as Topo maps. Don't know if this helps but if it does let me know.
Example.

Java
October 3rd, 2016, 08:11 PM
Thank you! :thumb: That's pretty cool, mine is just a picture of Colorado covered in links that I'm chopping down for this. I'd love to include any and all content that fits, it's all about sharing info, and ofcourse I'd credit you. After I get the better version published can ask you take a look again and see if you've got anything that fits it? I just got the new software today, hopefully I'll be up to speed and start putting up routes ASAP.

Brad
October 4th, 2016, 06:06 AM
I like anything that is a update to trail damage, so keep up the good work! :thumb:
There is also trailsoffroad by Todd and co. Pretty nice layout.
http://www.trailsoffroad.com

Java
October 4th, 2016, 07:55 AM

Brad
October 4th, 2016, 09:35 PM
I appreciate the compliment! I didn't know todd's site was a business. Well not entirely. I like your format as well. A mobile version would be cool too! :thumb:

Java
October 5th, 2016, 05:25 PM

Chris
October 5th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Considering how small phones are it's hard to get any image that has o be large to be visible. If a page passes Google's mobile test it'll be good enough. Some of their errors aren't even worth worry about either.

The small size is why I still use a flip phone! :lmao:

coolerthanafan
October 26th, 2016, 08:07 PM
@chris and @paul Hope you don't mind the small highjack ... I am wanting to do some winter off roading and cannot find trails that would be safe to do that .. I am seeing that CO is more and more unpredictable when it comes to weather. Been here 1.5 years from Seattle and want to explore.
Any ideas or guidance? Anybody getting out this weekend?

You guys rock and I love the info you provide. Wish I could've joined you guys the other day Chris!

Chris
October 26th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Yes, the weather can be unpredictable enough to get oneself in trouble. I know from experience!

Adam, I think you should ask this as a new thread in this forum to get a wider response.

Use something like Winter Trails for the Title.

Java
October 27th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Java
April 20th, 2017, 08:49 AM

Chris
April 20th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Hey Paul, just looked at your site and get a lot of 404 errors such as this one.

http://coloradooverlandroutesandelements.com/GGD.html

Java
April 20th, 2017, 09:28 AM
yes, none of the route pages are public yet except the CCT one which has an old draft of the page layout. Those will all publish at once when they're done, I want them to be consistent and complete. Also a lot of the text links aren't active yet in that version.

Java
April 21st, 2017, 09:24 AM

Java
June 21st, 2017, 09:48 AM

Tom
June 21st, 2017, 11:59 AM
Looks promising. Gonna have gpx or kml tracks?

Java
June 21st, 2017, 02:40 PM
both, there is one page with all the files for all the routes on it (not posted yet). Below the map is a link to it, I thought it might be easier than having to go to each page to download them.

Funrover
June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 PM
Pretty cool man. I know there is a lot of work involved. Will keep checking back!

Java
June 23rd, 2017, 06:00 AM
previous posts deleted, linked pages and videos no longer exist. updating asap