PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Ford Bronco

dscowell
October 4th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I'm sure most of you have heard that ford is planning on releasing the 2018 Bronco. I was curious as to what you guy think about it. I think as long as they are capable off-road and on-road you can still modify and work on them easily then it'll be fairly successful. I also think it would be good for the off-road market to have more then just the Wrangler and Tacoma right now. With the new bronco it would seem reasonable for Chevy to bring back the blazer to compete or another similar vehicle.

If anyone finds a better link please feel free to post it since this one is lacking on the specs of the new one.
http://www.maxim.com/rides/new-ford-bronco-confirmed-2016-10

Chris
October 4th, 2016, 04:58 PM
So e details here but not certain if these are accurate or conjecture: http://www.autocarkr.com/2018-ford-bronco-specs-release-date-and-review/

dieseldoc
October 4th, 2016, 05:36 PM
hope we see it with at least one live axle!
if they do it with IFS and IRS it will most likely be a turd!

96EXXLTinCO
October 4th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Would be a shame if they went with IFS/IRS. of whats in the pic is what they're going with, I'm already not crazy about the front end. Maybe it will grow on me. But the would also make it appear to have IFS at the minimum. The bronco has had nothing but solid axle and TTB, I'd hate to see that change now.

Jim
October 4th, 2016, 11:13 PM
IMO, much of the IFS is likely driven due to cost - MFG costs and more importantly MPG cost.

White Stripe
October 6th, 2016, 07:02 PM
If it doesn't have a removable top, it will be very hard to compete with Jeep.

Spieg
October 7th, 2016, 09:49 PM
If it doesn't have a removable top, it will be very hard to compete with Jeep.

Guessing they may be aiming to compete with the new Renegade, not a Wrangler.

javaman34
October 8th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Here about a month ago I ran into a couple of guys that work for Ford. They were out here testing out the new 2017 Super Duty pickups. I don't know if anyone heard they were out there doing that. Anyways, I asked them about the new Bronco. They did confirm that it is coming and it will be two versions. One more of a full size and the other smaller. Kind of like the Bronco and Broncoette (ah... I mean the Bronco II). That is all I could get out of them for take it for what it is worth.

dscowell
October 8th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Would like to hear some more as time gets closer but this news is still enough to wet my appetite for now.

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2016, 10:01 PM
I'm sure there's a lot of die hard Bronco folks eagerly waiting for some more info. I know I am, I'm just a little worried they're not going to stay true to the Bronco and serve up some new "thing" with as much buttons, gadgets and wizardry as the space shuttle, enough plastic to keep a Malibu plasting surgeon in business for a year, a motor that only a smart car could be envious of, and slap a brono badge on it. Chevy did an awesome job bringin back the camaro, as did Dodge and the challenger, if Ford can do the same with the Bronco then I'm on board.