PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Canyon Tommorow?

Java
October 8th, 2016, 10:27 AM
My wife and I are going to run Devil's Canyon tomorrow, it's really easy and there is one optional moderate hill that is a lot of fun, and there should be some great photo ops of the end of the Aspens. Anyone want to go? I hear it's really clean now too. :thumb: Thinking about meeting up at 10 or 11 at the Ranger Station in Idaho Springs. I'll post it as a run if there's any interest. Thanks!

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2016, 01:30 PM
We did run into snow on Yankee last night, probably only a couple hundred yards past where we got stuck on the run in the Spring. Wasn't deep, but enough to make me not risk getting stuck in the wee hours of the morning.

Just an FYI.

Java
October 8th, 2016, 03:19 PM
We scouted out the beginning of Kingston on our way down from Pierson and decided it's going to wait for next year since we want to do the hike to the lakes but not with any snow on the steep rocky part. I was hoping to do Kingston tomorrow but we're going to do Devil's Canyon and then try Smokin' Yards in Idaho Springs for the first time. :thumb: I have full recovery gear and two spares, but DC is really easy and fun, I'm not worried.

FINOCJ
October 8th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Smoking yards is my favorite bbq place! I definitely recommend the brisket.

96EXXLTinCO
October 8th, 2016, 05:54 PM
THIS!!!! Wonderful BBQ!! I also reccomend.......I think it's called Da Rivuh?? Cajun style food all made in house and owned by true Southerners. The wife of half of the owners got a big job offer out here so hubby came out and opened a restaurant. I've been wanting to get back to both those places, that and Tommyknockers for a glass of the best beer in the world!! Tommyknocker's maple nut brown!!