PDA

View Full Version : MSV-Coney Flats trashed again.

Tom
October 10th, 2016, 02:01 PM
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.grizzoffi/posts/10154707840303489

96EXXLTinCO
October 10th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I'm sure they're not the only ones. Some peoplease just can't help themselves when they see mud.

Tom
October 10th, 2016, 02:38 PM
I'm sure they're not the only ones. Some peoplease just can't help themselves when they see mud.

But that pond is technically in the wilderness area. We can guarantee that if this keeps up, these trails will be closed.

Java
October 10th, 2016, 03:46 PM
^That's the truth, and good on the OP on FB for doing what he could to block it off. :thumb: Hopefully more people will add to the blockade.

Tom
October 10th, 2016, 04:28 PM
^That's the truth, and good on the OP on FB for doing what he could to block it off. :thumb: Hopefully more people will add to the blockade.
Agree Paul. However last fall trailridge runners blocked all those same areas. I know as I as part of that crew.

The StRanger
October 10th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Kinda seen it comin.
When they closed left hand we all knew it wouldn't go away, just move somwhere else.
That somwhere else is a toss up between msv and bunce..
They will do this till they get closed then go somwhere else..

newracer
October 10th, 2016, 04:58 PM
I predict that eventually all the roads will be lined with fences from start to finish. It will be lovely.

The StRanger
October 10th, 2016, 07:56 PM
That why I'm not into northern trails.
Out of state CU student don't care about anything. If they don't live here and there not staying they trash colorado and them leave...
Not there problem.

White Stripe
October 10th, 2016, 10:52 PM
I think all the trails that are near town that are abused should get a massive gate keeper obstacle at the beginning that you pretty much have to winch up or you won't make it. That would keep drunk college kids from just blasting onto the trail and then doing donuts in fields and trashing stuff. Instead they would try and try to climb the first hill, and then just get frustrated and leave, or damage their atv or vehicle and have to call a tow truck come and slap them with a expensive tow bill. Maybe have a gated bypass for the rangers to get through. Reminds me of the time my family was camping by hacket gulch, some drunk dudes in a brand new pickup drove through our camp. A few hours later we decided to go drive on the trails, and we saw the same drunk dudes slid off the trail and slammed against a big rock, tore up the truck pretty good. Im sure they were upset when they sobered up.

newracer
October 10th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I think all the trails that are near town that are abused should get a massive gate keeper obstacle at the beginning that you pretty much have to winch up or you won't make it. That would keep drunk college kids from just blasting onto the trail and then doing donuts in fields and trashing stuff. Instead they would try and try to climb the first hill, and then just get frustrated and leave, or damage their atv or vehicle and have to call a tow truck come and slap them with a expensive tow bill. Maybe have a gated bypass for the rangers to get through. Reminds me of the time my family was camping by hacket gulch, some drunk dudes in a brand new pickup drove through our camp. A few hours later we decided to go drive on the trails, and we saw the same drunk dudes slid off the trail and slammed against a big rock, tore up the truck pretty good. Im sure they were upset when they sobered up.
There are plenty of dumb assess that drive very capable rigs too.

96EXXLTinCO
October 11th, 2016, 11:42 PM
There are plenty of dumb assess that drive very capable rigs too.

+1