PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Chris

Chris
May 18th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'll start. I'm Chris and created this forum as a way to bring together people who like to wheel and aren't stuck on the "my 4x4 is better than yours because" way of thinking. I believe variety is more interesting, there are many different great makes and models and the greater variety of rigs are owned by a greater and more interesting group of people. The people here have proven this and I thank everyone who has made Front Range 4x4 the great place it is today.

Here's the intro page which is what Front Range 4x4 is all about: "Front Range 4x4 is an active off road club that is different in a few important areas: There are no meetings, no dues, no endorsements, no vehicle requirements, no badges, no secret hand-shakes, etc. If you are interested in being a member you just have to register, participate in this forum and like to wheel your truck while respecting the trails and everyone who uses them. It doesn't matter what your experience level is or what kind of 4x4 you drive: Chevy, Dodge, Ford, International, Isuzu, Jeep, Land Rover, Nissan, Pinzgauer, Suzuki, Toyota, or whatever else you may have. Built or stock, novice or pro, the Front Range's friendliest off-road club welcomes all types of drivers and 4x4's!"

While I did create Front Range 4x4 I am not the driving force behind it. I'm just the mechanic that keeps it running and in tune. Front Range 4x4 is all about the people who participate and make it the great club that it is and I thank everyone for that.

------------------------------------------

Okay, I see everyone's adding stuff about themselves thus this edit. I'm one of the "old guys" here, 57 to be exact, been married about 35 years to my wonderful wife, Barb. We have two grown kids, a 26 year old daughter living locally with her husband and their three kids and a son living with his partner in Maui.

I'm retired but Barb got bored and returned to work for a bit. I was a "Mr. Mom" for years and worked on and off in non-profits and schools doing tech related work. Barb works in the insurance industry in specialty markets which she did in her previous job for 30 years before retiring at 55. She did the whole corporate ladder with the Fortune 500 company and is now a worker bee and happy to be free of the stress of the past. We live in Aurora and are moving about 4 miles north to a patio home with garage which we haven't had since the condo move at retirement. We lived in Minnesota for 25 years before moving to Colorado in 2001.

We spend our time between wheeling and the kids and grandkids. Yes, we do try to be good parents and visit our son in Maui as often as we can afford.