PDA

View Full Version : Epic fails

TJS86TOY
November 12th, 2016, 06:29 PM
At the start of the video the people popping out of their rigs is just plain luck. Old school video but entertaining none the less.

https://youtu.be/_8ajcVZcqNU

Chris
November 12th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I bet I've watched that a dozen times over the years and it's a favorite.

Jim
November 12th, 2016, 09:50 PM
That video was made just for me to watch as I often don't wear a seatbelt on-trail.

In the sketchy spots I'll put one on but otherwise, should something catch me off guard - someone video me flying out and add it to the footage :thumb:

Chris
November 13th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Only if you land on your feet Jim! :D

Jackie
November 13th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Only if you land on your feet Jim! :D

:tisktisk: Consider yourself scolded! :funrover:

96EXXLTinCO
November 14th, 2016, 01:15 AM
I always wear mine, on the trail however, I put it on but then take the shoulder belt and put it behind the seat leaving me with just the lap belt portion. This way I can still lean out without being pinned to the seat.

TJS86TOY
November 14th, 2016, 06:42 AM
I usually only wear mine on scary parts of the trail. Should wear it all the time I suppose but the shoulder strap is a neck killer. Chad, I never thought of putting it behind the seat, good idea.

flashboiler
November 14th, 2016, 09:57 AM
"Only on scary parts of the trail"... I've been wheeling a long time, most of the rollovers I've witnessed were on super easy parts of the trail when people let their guard down.

newracer
November 14th, 2016, 10:46 AM
If my rig is moving everyone has their belt on. I even put it on when loading and unloading from the trailer.

The StRanger
November 14th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I would like to say I always wear mine on the trail but.
I'd be lyin.... after a while of getin in and out, it gets old.

96EXXLTinCO
November 14th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I would like to say I always wear mine on the trail but.
I'd be lyin.... after a while of getin in and out, it gets old.

I've been doing it so long that it's automatic, don't even think about it.

TJ, seems like I got that idea from someone else long ago. It works for me anyway. I never have checked to see what could happen if that thing came back from behind the seat while I'm under some G-forces, so there's my disclaimer, LOL. I guess if nothing else I feel better with it on? But yes, especially on downhills, the belt "should " lockup and then you're pinned in the seat, if you need to lean out the window you're screwed.

I spent some time on a volunteer emergency unit and visited many crashes. While it's true that lives have been saved by NOT wearing a belt, the odds are far more in you're favor if you do wear it. And just like Michael, everyone in my vehicle wears it, period.

Chris
November 15th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I have a friend that never wears seatbelts but after hitting his head on my roof on a trail he always uses it when riding with me now. He hit pretty hard and it's obviously had an impact (pun intended) Did I do it to him intentionally? Yes, I sure did! :thumb:

Jim
November 15th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Note to self: Avoid trail rides with head-banging-Chris!

:lmao:

TJS86TOY
November 15th, 2016, 08:05 PM

I've seen him in action! :eek:

While it's true that lives have been saved by NOT wearing a belt, the odds are far more in you're favor if you do wear it.

Completely agree, and I do wear it wherever I go with the only exception being sometimes on the trail. However, being without cage (for now) I have seen what happens to a Toyota in a rollover and it seems that they lack in A and B pillar strength, ultimately squashing down on the driver. This is somewhat my fear of wearing a "full" belt and not being to lean towards the center during a rollover. https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1237199_10201223847831541_1435577408_o.jpg

Chris
November 15th, 2016, 08:39 PM

:lmao:

Only if, as a passenger, you refuse to listen! :D

The StRanger
November 15th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Don't get me wrong. IM a big advocate of belts on the trail, but I have been known to go belt less on the easy parts of the trail... I shouldn't but it does happen..

Hypoid
November 15th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I feel nekkid without it.

If worse comes to worse, first responders will find me strapped in. The insurance companies will have to find some other excuse to refuse my listed beneficiaries.

Brad
November 16th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Always wear it no matter what, same goes for my passengers.