PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Jeff

Patrolman
May 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Feel like I am at a conference with a little name tag!

Anyways, I too have a 4x4 problem. My 1st 4x4 was a 1984 Subaru BRAT. Great little rig for a college guy on a strict budget. Cheap to own and operate. I had several other Subaru's during college as well.

Part way through college in 1997 I bought my first Nissan Patrol. I had only seen 1 other Patrol prior to that and knew nothing about them. This 1969 has 64,000 original miles and is basically all original needing a resto. I have since had about 10 or 12 Patrols. Only 2 remain. The original 1969 and a 1965 that is in bits and pieces.

After wheeling Patrols for a few years I happened to buy a Scout II. It was a real rust bucket but I like it. My buddy had a Scout II as well that was bought new by his grandmother. I purchased his Scout about 3 years ago. It is needing some work to really be road worthy, so that is one of the projects on my plate right now.

After the rust bucket Scout II started to show its true age, I decided a Toyota should be in my future. I purchased a 1990 and lifted it for 33" tires. A roommate at the time had a 1987 that he needed to sell since he was moving. I purchased the 87 and enjoyed having the top off so much that the 90 was rarely driven. I have had the 87 about 4 years now and really enjoy driving it. I also have a 1987 truck that I mostly abuse with home improvement projects. Have also had a 1986 shortbed, 1986 "Custom Cab", 1986 FJ60 and a 1983 shortbed.

Have also had a 1984 Nissan Pickup, 1986 Samurai, 1962 Scout, and a 1966 Jeep CJ6.

Always on the lookout for Unimog, Pinzgauer, Suzuki Brute, M422, Rover Series, Powerwagon, old IH trucks or Scout 80/800, or anything else of interest.

My newest "offroad" rigs are Cushman Tracksters. Basically little tracked ATV's that are meant for snow/mud/sand/grass/etc. Great little projects but no true practical daily purpose for central Denver.

My wife Barbie and I also have a project Datsun 240Z and a pair of Mazda Miata's that we drive all summer long.

My wife and I have been married 1 1/2 years and have been in our current house for 6 years. She works at a financial company. I was working in business operations prior to becoming ill just over a year ago. We own 2 wonderful dogs, a black lab mix and a yellow lab mix.