PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Run, June 14 Who's Going?

Chris
May 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Post if you're going. The other threads digress a bit.

I will not be going as spotter, Barb will not drive. :thunb:

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Jessica and I are in!

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I plan on going. We would like to learn more about both the driving and the spotting. I have a request. For those of us women interested and who don't know the mechanices, can we get the men (or other women who are knowledgeable) to show us the important parts under the truck and what they do?

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Sure, ask away!

Brody
May 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Me and LaDawn. I have asked to get Friday, June 13 off from work in order to get a good group site and need to know the approximate body count of camping bodies.

I am going to try to run the trail before this to get mileages to a good group site.
It would be a good idea to solidify CB and hand held channels before hand as well as a trailhead meeting time. Cell phone reception is spotty there.

Pathrat-ask away, like Aaron says. The guys are there for grunt work, navigation, spotting, etc, so this fits right in. Also, if you see modifications to the stock set up, ask why, as there is probably a really good reason for them. Not many folks on this site do stuff just for looks...at least not until the real stuff is done...and every rig is different to some degree. What works for IFS is different than what works for solid axles, etc, etc. If Una goes, pick her brains, too, as she has an FJ that is pretty well set up and a lot of experience. Also lives in Arvada FYI...

Patrolman
May 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Pencil Barbie and I in as tentatively going. I don't believe that we will camp though. 1 of the 2 dogs gets car sick. We don't have anyone to watch them that weekend, so it is a daytrip for us.

Pathrat
May 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks again Brody. I will try to not turn into the annoying kid everyone wants to send out on some task to get some peace. :D I figured this is the place to go to find out why and not get told 'cause it's cool' and 'cause I say it's the best'. I like all the info on the FJC site, but there is an overload of information that you can't always weed through or deem as reliable. Have yet to see Una's FJC, I'm looking.

Don't know if we are camping right after our huge camp trip the week before. Unlikely if all my stuff is still full of sand.

Chris
May 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Barb and I prefer Camp Hampden so don't count us in for camping space. ;)

Brody
May 20th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Hey Pathrat

Send an e-mail to Una at : http://www.sales@offroadsolutions.com or call her at 303-278-6267. Just explain who you are and I am sure that she will send pictures and info of her FJ to you. Tell her I suggested that you get in touch. She is a pretty cool lady. Haven't met her SO, so no info there.

spacely
May 21st, 2008, 08:48 AM
Pathrat-
Una is a very cool person. Also, my friend, Pam and I will probably be planning another Colorado4x4 ladies run this year - but it will be later in the summer. This will be the fifth year for the ladies run and our whole point is for women who are new to fourwheeling to have a day out that is less intimidating than going out with all the guys in their big rigs. :o) WE changed the rules the past couple of years so that the guys could go (the 2 years prior to that no men were allowed). Anyway, I will be sure to let you know what we figure out if you are interested.

Sorry for the threadjack...what trail is being run? Is it MSV/Coney Flats? I might be able to go, all depends upon whether or not we are able to work OT at work. Will it be open by then? I know in years past, it has not been open until the end of June so just something to maybe keep in mind.

Pathrat
May 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
Pathrat-
Una is a very cool person. Also, my friend, Pam and I will probably be planning another Colorado4x4 ladies run this year -
Sorry for the threadjack....

will finish the jack before Admin chastises us:D Thanks for the info and the referral continuation from Brody. Sounds like a fun time and I'm glad you let men in now since my spotter is a guy.

Chris
May 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
probably be planning another Colorado4x4 ladies run this year

will finish the jack before Admin chastises us:D

I don't chastise, just wondering what this Co4x4 is. ;)

spacely
May 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'm not going to be able to make this run as I will be leaving for Utah that day. Kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to meeting some new people :(

SCRubicon
May 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Robyn and I will be there :)

Brody
June 7th, 2008, 06:24 AM
The Ladies Run Trail is going to be Kelly Flats/Sevenmile . Meeting time and place is posted under the trail run planning section.

LaDawn and I are interested in convoying up, but haven't received any feedback. I was kinda waiting to see who wanted to do this before setting a Denver meet place/time. As it stands, I just set a time to meet at Ted's Place outside of Ft Collins. LaDawn and I are also planning on camping up there off of Kelly Flats and anyone is welcome to join us.

Chris
June 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
No camping for us but a convoy sounds like a good idea. Name a place and we'll be there assuming I get my truck back of course.

Brody
June 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
This is a repeat as it is also posted under the Ladies Run/trail run planning forum:

For those who want to convoy up from Denver/Springs/Monument , we are meeting at Johnstown Corners truckstop, the Millikin exit off of I25 on the righthand side of the road north of 120th at 8:00, leaving the lot at 8:15. Otherwise we will meet at Ted's Place gas station at 10:00.

Tye, Pathrat, Una: since you guys live so close to us, you can meet us at our house if you like, but we are leaving the house at 7:00.

Send us an e-mail at: peterbrody4@brody4.cnc.net or give a call: my cell: 303-507-3066 or home: 303-761-4818. These work best as I always forget to check my personal messages.

If anyone is interested in camping, LaDawn and I are going to run either the Moody Hill or Crystal Mountain Trail on the way back to town on Sunday if she doesn't have to be back to town early for work.

Chris
June 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Looks like we're out, no truck - no run. :rant:

Funrover
June 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Still in, still going camping!

Brody
June 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Aaron

How do you guys want to hook up with the rest of us? We will all end up there Saturday AM and it sounds like you are going to be camping out Friday night as well.

SCRubicon
June 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Looks like we may be out...:( I'll be pounding parts back into submission. But, cross your fingers...

Patrolman
June 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Chris- Not going to take the 55? It is just screaming to get out and play!

Chris
June 12th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Chris- Not going to take the 55? It is just screaming to get out and play!

What it's screaming for is a tuneup and carb install. ;)

I've stopped all work on it, easing my attachment.

OffRoadSolutions
June 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I can't make it, my parents are in from out of state this weekend. Sorry everyone :(

JaBeep
June 12th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Holly & Andrew are in. We thought about joining everybody Friday night. I'll have GPS, CB, and phone. Let me know how to find you.

Funrover
June 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Aaron

How do you guys want to hook up with the rest of us? We will all end up there Saturday AM and it sounds like you are going to be camping out Friday night as well.

Ummm.... What trail are you going to do first? where are others camping? I would like to camp with a group if others are going. f not I was going to camp off of Sevenmile, I know there are spots there. Call me!:thunb::thunb:

If others already have a spot in mind for camping let me know, Jess and I are going to be in our tent not the trailer!

Funrover
June 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Looks like we may be out...:( I'll be pounding parts back into submission. But, cross your fingers...

Not acceptable!!! You will be there!!! :tsk::wrench: You have to man!

JaBeep
June 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Does anybody know which trail are we doing first? If we don't meet up friday night, we can atleast be at the trailhead Saturday Morning.

Pathrat
June 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Which one is first off the main drag? Is the intended camp spot where we will end up at Kelly or Sevenmile? I see that on TrailDamage, the KellyFlats trail head is 25 miles from Ted's Place, and Sevenmile is past some place called Rustic...which is further from Ted's?

My suggestion: Do the one further from the highway first, then back down to the nearer one. Or, meet at the large sounding trail head lot at Kelly.

The leaders here say what?

Brody
June 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Kelly Flats is the first trailhead that you come to, Rustic and Sevenmile being farther down the road.

We were kinda leaving that open and just figured on running Kelly Flats first, setting up camp when we found a cool spot and then continuing on to Sevenmile.

Kelly Flats is the easiest trailhead to find and, by the time you have gotten there, you are ready for some off roading, never mind driving farther to Rustic.

Anyway, to simplify and clarify things: Kelly Flats trail head around 10:30, figuring leaving Ted's Place sometime around 10....

JaBeep
June 13th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Kewl.. Kelly Flats Trail Head around 10:30 Saturday Morning. See you there!
So I envision several challenges here. 1) Woman being challenged by the trails. 2) Men being challenged to keep the mouth shut & not taking over the wheel..
I'm kidding.. It'll be a great weekend!

SCRubicon
June 13th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Not acceptable!!! You will be there!!! :tsk::wrench: You have to man!

All I've done so far is replaced some shock bushings, and ordered my skid plates. I still have to do an oil change/tire rotation/air filter, then take the tank down to get the old skid plate off and pound it back into shape. I'll never get done in time...

Pathrat
June 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Kelly Flats is the first trailhead that you come to, Rustic and Sevenmile being farther down the road.

We were kinda leaving that open and just figured on running Kelly Flats first, setting up camp when we found a cool spot and then continuing on to Sevenmile.

Kelly Flats is the easiest trailhead to find and, by the time you have gotten there, you are ready for some off roading, never mind driving farther to Rustic.

Anyway, to simplify and clarify things: Kelly Flats trail head around 10:30, figuring leaving Ted's Place sometime around 10....

Great, thanks for the specifics on the general plan so everyone knows, in one post, where to be.

Camping: I am on the same page as you re: a site. Do you know if the local selection of firewood is availible to the campers or do I need to bring some?

Tye
June 14th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Kewl.. Kelly Flats Trail Head around 10:30 Saturday Morning. See you there!
So I envision several challenges here. 1) Woman being challenged by the trails. 2) Men being challenged to keep the mouth shut & not taking over the wheel..
I'm kidding.. It'll be a great weekend!

I see myself spending the day in trouble ...

JaBeep
June 16th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I see myself spending the day in trouble ...

Well... We didn't get ourselves into too much trouble, eh? Some how we still ended up taking over the wheel and finding some mud puddles to splash around in anyway.. Good times, good times. :)

Funrover
June 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Well... We didn't get ourselves into too much trouble, eh? Some how we still ended up taking over the wheel and finding some mud puddles to splash around in anyway.. Good times, good times. :)

Jessica actually made all of the trail except the small stretch between the 2 campsites! I was very proud of how good she did!