PDA

View Full Version : My name tag says Stephanie

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
and I don't have a wheeling problem. I can stop anytime I want! Where is the coffee? You have a smoke I can bum?

Hey all,
I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser with assorted bolt on, useful modifications that allow me to have a daily driver that will fit into both my garage at home and at work, and let me get out of town and off the pavement, esp. if that means Utah. Unlike many of you, this is my first off-road vehicle. I have some dents and scratches and my old skid is hanging on my garage wall in place of a deer head trophy. I recall I did drive my PT Cruiser off road in the dark, does that count? I learned some of the basics and have seen some trails as a passenger, and now I am learning how to drive on my own and my fiance is learning how to be a spotter. I am also making a concerted effort to learn what the parts under and in my truck are called and what they do.

I have my guy and my two teenagers. The kids camp under protest but I am determined to build character. I work in a hospital pathology department, cutting up and dictating reports on surgically removed human tissue, making a documentation of disease or the lack thereof. I sometimes assist in autopsies but still carry a decent first aid kit in case I have to put someone back together. My fiance works inside sales/distributor and wholesaler relations for a computer security company, with his territory being the southeastern US, Europe and northern Africa. Been here in CO for ten years.

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Build that character, they will thank you later!

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the vote of support, I believe you are right.

4Runninfun
May 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM
awww c'mon what is this outside business you talk about. Boy i bet they have stories to tell their friends... "I saw a rock... in the woods and it wasn't polished or anything!!!" LMAO :lol:

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
awww c'mon what is this outside business you talk about. Boy i bet they have stories to tell their friends... "I saw a rock... in the woods and it wasn't polished or anything!!!" LMAO :lol:

ROFLMAO!!! Now that's funny!!! But I wish I could get one of them "polished stones" in the woods..... with the platnium band attached of course.... make buying that wedding band cheaper LOL

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 09:58 PM
That is so the point! They don't get it now, but one day they will tell their friends about the truck they were in getting stuck in quicksand, 14 miles into Lavender Canyon and having their mom tell them, "Quit playing with the quicksand!"
Then tonight, after my daughter stepped on a bug or something on our patio this evening, she yells, "I hate the outside!"

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Now that's funny!!! But I wish I could get one of them "polished stones" in the woods..... with the platnium band attached of course.... make buying that wedding band cheaper LOL

One word Funrover: TITANIUM

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah keep it up, most people seem to hate it outside until they find the outside they like. The mountains aren't for everyone. Most of the time you will see them smile... but don't let them catch you. It'll ruin their image HAHAHA

4Runninfun
May 18th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I totally understand what you're trying to do and it's great. When i was little i was hardly spent any time in the house. and my family went camping for 2-3 weeks every summer. usually to the snake river in idaho. and when i say camping i mean CAMPING! no tv, no phone, no nothing!

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I totally understand what you're trying to do and it's great. When i was little i was hardly spent any time in the house. and my family went camping for 2-3 weeks every summer. usually to the snake river in idaho. and when i say camping i mean CAMPING! no tv, no phone, no nothing!

She is looking for GOOD reasons to go.. LOL.... Not us..LOL Think would you want kids like us HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol::drive:

4Runninfun
May 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM
:lol:

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
One word Funrover: TITANIUM

Mine is actually gonna be tungston carbite ( I am sure I spelled it wrong) after the horror stories my sister in the E.R. tells me no way am I doing titanium

Pathrat
May 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Very funny Funrover! :lol:

I do have some great pictures of my daughter in Goblin Valley, arms crossed, hip shot out to the side, trying NOT to smile. After some of our vacations, my kids have said, and I really do quote, "Why can't we go to Disneyland like normal families?" My family went camping, once. But, I do remember many details about that trip that took place some 25 years ago! Both kids are asking why we are going to the desert with Grandma for five days. And I am expected to come up with an answer other than Because it's going to be great.
If all works out, we are taking them on a cruise to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving, and I have informed them that outside exists down there, just in beach form.

And Aaron, what about ER horrorstories about titanium??? We plan on getting a matched set.

Funrover
May 18th, 2008, 10:36 PM
And Aaron, what about ER horrorstories about titanium??? We plan on getting a matched set.

PM being sent