PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Again - New Old Member (Westminster)

Heather
December 6th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Hi! I used to be a member here, and got inactivity-inactivated a couple years ago. I originally found this place through the wonderful Jackie, who was formerly a neighbor several streets down - she saw a post of mine on Wrangler Forum, right after I bought my first ever Jeep in 2011, and pointed me over here to FR4x4. This place was an absolutely amazing place to learn how to wheel, and make friends. Since then, I've done tons more wheeling with various different people (and discovered Moab - which is a total conundrum for me, because in addition to wheeling, I also love running, hiking, and mountain biking), but things seem to have changed a little in my Jeep life in the last year, so I'm looking to get back onto familiar ground and hopefully go out wheeling with people in this group again in the coming year. The "change" is that my husband and buddy are doing more of the "show" kind of thing as product reps with their Jeeps, than the wheeling thing. And building Jeeps. Which is awesome - but sometimes, ya just gotta get out and wheel. I have an aversion to building my Jeep too much (mostly because I'm cheap), so I'm not wanting to run many of the really hard trails that a lot of my friends are running. Chinaman Gulch is my favorite (in CO), and about as difficult as I enjoy driving. Grover is on 35s, but hasn't been geared yet.

When I was a member before, I had Cracker, a white '03 TJ. Now I've got Grover, a blue '04 LJ. Pretty sure I cried actual tears when I traded Cracker in. Felt like such an unfaithful friend. He and I had so many amazing times together, and to repay him by stripping him and trading him in just seemed so...heartless.

Really looking forward to reading the forums over the winter, and jumping in on any Chinaman runs before Spring, and hopefully some wheeling next year!

(First pic is Moab in March '16, second pic is MSV/Coney in July '16. Grover doesn't actually lean to the driver side on flat ground...)

ColoJeeper
December 6th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Welcome back Heather

Max
December 6th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Is this you?

Heather
December 6th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Is this you?
Yep! Lefthand!

The StRanger
December 6th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Welcome back to the dark side...
We have cookies !!!

Chris
December 6th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Welcome back Heather & hello to Chris!

Jackie
December 6th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Glad to see you back, Heather. I haven't done a lot of wheeling in the past few years, but I still get out once in a while. A lot has changed for me since I moved to Evergreen, but hopefully next summer might enable me to get out more. I have a job again and getting new BFG KO2's put on this weekend. I should be good to go once the weather permits for me. (I hate winter).:princess:

BTW - Since you mentioned you love Moab and mountain biking etc., consider looking into my nephews outfit: http://magpieadventures.com/moab-bike-tours/. Mike Holme is my nephew and I'm really proud of what he has built and what he has done with his life!

Hypoid
December 6th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Hiya kid, its good to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hibye:

Heather
December 7th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Thanks, guys! Jackie, you're still here!! Yay! Hope to get out with you sometime! Mike - it was so great seeing you and visiting for a bit on Saturday!

(P.S. It's really cool to see familiar faces!)

EKXJ87
December 7th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Welcome Back to FR4x4.

Java
December 7th, 2016, 07:46 AM
:thumb: Heather!! :thumb: Awesome!! :thumb: LJ!! :thumb:

javaman34
December 7th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Welcome back to our little slice of Heaven.

Heather
December 7th, 2016, 09:19 AM
:thumb: Heather!! :thumb: Awesome!! :thumb: LJ!! :thumb:

Java Paul! Yep, I did it! Done got me an LJ! It just about killed me to let Cracker go, but I've always wanted an LJ...

Java
December 7th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I cried when I let my YJ go for the LJ, not too proud to admit it.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33310&stc=1&d=1374717256

Kept the girl, she says hello. :)

I love the LJ, I think it's the best Wrangler so far. I always wanted a Scrambler but the prices... I hope the LJs appreciate the same way!

Heather
December 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I cried when I let my YJ go for the LJ, not too proud to admit it.

Kept the girl, she says hello. :)

I love the LJ, I think it's the best Wrangler so far. I always wanted a Scrambler but the prices... I hope the LJs appreciate the same way!

Jahna!!! HI!!!!! !! ! Really hope to wheel with you guys again.

Agreed re: Scrambler. To get one that's doesn't require a ton of work and $$, requires a bunch of $$ anyway...

I was briefly toying hard with the idea of getting out of Grover and getting a Subie so I could get back to autocrossing (and now, apparently dirt autocross is a thing and they call it rallycross?!) but that didn't last long, because I knew if I sold Grover, I'd never get another LJ. That was just too painful to consider. It'll be a lot easier to pick up an autocross car down the road, than another LJ. So, still slow I go.

xaza
December 7th, 2016, 02:26 PM
welcome back Heather

dscowell
December 7th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Howdy again!

dieseldoc
December 7th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Welcome. I have to say I wish I had got an LJ.
The extra wheel base would be very welcome.

Jackie
December 7th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks, guys! Jackie, you're still here!! Yay! Hope to get out with you sometime! Mike - it was so great seeing you and visiting for a bit on Saturday!

(P.S. It's really cool to see familiar faces!)

Yep still kickin'!

Brian
December 7th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Welcome back!

Brad
December 8th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Welcome back Heather! :thumb:

Brucker
December 8th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Welcome

Java
December 13th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Saw this is FOURWHEELER this morning, part of the report on MHJC's All For Fun weekend. Same windshield sticker as yours, thought you might know him.

Heather
December 13th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Yep, that's my bestie Joey, in Swamp Donkey! He and hubby are more or less inseparable. They spelled his name wrong.

mattzj98
December 18th, 2016, 07:02 AM
welcome back!