PDA

View Full Version : Changing Fabrications

Cr33p3r
December 10th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Since the 4x4 fabrication business area has been super slow I am turning all my attention to doing custom car fabrications. I do all custom modification work from shaving, sectioning, chop tops and chassis fabrication. This has always been my true passion and what I've done sine I first learned to work on cars. Some have seen a few of my builds over the yearsand many have told me that is what I should be doing, so I'm going for it. For the time being my shop is the oversized 2 car garage behind the house but hopefully soon I can be able to add on another bay. I do not do paint work here but have a paint booth lined up with a painter. Here's a couple recent pictures of my 57 work in progress build that I've chopped the top 3 inches and shortened 25 inches and currently sectioning 6 inches custom air ride suspension, suicide doors.

dieseldoc
December 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
got to catter to the market. at least you enjoy both sides of metal work in the automotive industry

94ToyBear
December 11th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Ill keep you in mind for my 73 dart rear quarters...

I guess it dont hurt to talk what cost will be now so i have an idea.

Java
December 14th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I was reading an interview with a 4x4 shop owner in California recently, I think it was Petersons 4Wheel & Offroad, and he started doing all custom work and realized pretty quickly that having a product line was the way to go. I'm not saying I know anything, just parroting what I read. He made jigs to replicate his custom stuff and made a lot more $$ that way. If I can find the article I'll post it, fwiw.

Brucker
December 22nd, 2016, 03:54 PM
From your title I thought you were getting way from playing with metal. Good to hear that is not the case, and you are in fact just expanding your customer base. As always, best of luck and you know where to find me if you need anything.