PDA

View Full Version : Clohesy Lake

Spieg
December 11th, 2016, 12:49 PM
As often happens this time of year, I find myself going over maps and researching possible trail runs for next year. I stumbled across Clohesy Lake on the map near Clear Creek Reservoir and was surprised I had not been there or heard anyone else mention it. The 6 year old report on Traildamage said it's a 3/4 trail rating with a couple of creek crossings, a bypass over an old mud slide, and some good scenery. Anyone been there more recently or fished the lake?

Tom
December 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Been there years and years ago. Easy trail back in the late 70's. Major river crossing right at the start. Wouldn't recommend it early in the season. When I ran it it was fall and just about floated my Chevy luv down the river. Would definately have done so in the spring.

Trailhead to 3 14ers starts at the lake.

FINOCJ
December 11th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Took my stock grand Cherokee up it a few years ago to hike a 14er. I would agree 3-4 rating was appropriate...reasonably challenging for stock suv. The initial creek crossing can be deep in spring. Holds snow pretty late due to tree coverage and narrow valley. Really scenic at the lake...take a fishing rod or hike up past the lake.