PDA

View Full Version : I killed the Taco.

Fordguy77
December 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM
The Tacoma is no more. It meant an untimely death on my trip to Minnesota 2 weeks ago. It kept me entirely safe, despite rolling 2.5 times. It will be missed.

Patrolman
December 27th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Glad that you are OK! That is obviously the most important!

The StRanger
December 27th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Holy cravlar dude........
Glad your OK, that looks like it was one he!! Of a ride...

Jackie
December 27th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Glad you made it alive. We've done that drive in our old 2000 Honda mini van (2WD) way too many times to count. I WON'T DO IT AGAIN. I'd rather fly. In good weather it's fine, but in winter...:erm:

Fordguy77
December 27th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Glad you made it alive. We've done that drive in our old 2000 Honda mini van (2WD) way too many times to count. I WON'T DO IT AGAIN. I'd rather fly. In good weather it's fine, but in winter...:erm:
Yeah it can be a pretty bad drive at times. Ive done it a lot as well, most of my moms side of the family is all from the Iron Range and Duluth. This actually happened between Cloquet and Duluth on 35 on my way home from work.

94ToyBear
December 27th, 2016, 10:53 PM
I think the title should say "my Taco saved me"
Glad your fine!

CS79bronco
December 28th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Glad you are OK Chris! Sad to see that beautiful Taco come to such an early demise.

Jim
December 28th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Salvage title and royally hack it up for a trail rig?

Glad you're doing well.

Hypoid
December 28th, 2016, 12:29 AM
The Tacoma is no more. It meant an untimely death on my trip to Minnesota 2 weeks ago. It kept me entirely safe, despite rolling 2.5 times. It will be missed.DAMN!!!!! I am glad you are OK!

EKXJ87
December 28th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Glad to hear you made it out ok, and not involved in one of those 50 car pile ups!

ColoJeeper
December 28th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Glad you are able to talk about it. That's the ultimate job of a vehicle to keep you safe and looks like it did it well.

Bob
December 28th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Wow! I'm glad you weren't hurt. The Taco did what it was designed to do.

jayson44
December 28th, 2016, 10:25 AM
glad you're ok! the Taco doesn't look all that bad for the roll...makes me want to get one even more! I know that stretch of road...my dad is from Duluth/Hibbing/Babbitt area.

J.

dieseldoc
December 28th, 2016, 08:43 PM
wow, glad you made it out safe.
this makes me want a taco more as well.

Fordguy77
December 29th, 2016, 04:03 PM
glad you're ok! the Taco doesn't look all that bad for the roll...makes me want to get one even more! I know that stretch of road...my dad is from Duluth/Hibbing/Babbitt area.

J. I used to head up that way every summer as a kid actually. Ive spent most my time up there in Virginia and Evelth, but always made it to the surrounding towns for the 4th of July celebrations!

Fordguy77
December 29th, 2016, 04:05 PM

J. Pictures dont really do it justice. The roof was caved into the driverseat head rest, the front clip portion of the frame was shoved about 4 inches to the driverside, and about 3 down. The rear portion of the frame was about 3 inches passenger and about 8 inches up. The snow really helped soften the blow.

Chris
December 29th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Better you kill the Taco than vice versa Chris! Glad you're okay and had a bit of snow to cushion you.

I don't miss the MN winters at all, 25 years was plenty for me!

Keep safe!

Jim
December 29th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Now I'm just stirr'n a pot on this...

So, by your current avatar pic - which I take as a well-snow-covered 4x4 in deep snow - with NOT STRAIGHT BEHIND ME wheel tracks in the snow - have anything to do with your Taco's "offroad adventure"? Perhaps I'm mis-reading the avatar - but I don't think so. There just _might_ be a connection with your driving... :lmao:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/image.php?u=542&dateline=1482894421

Brad
December 29th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Glad your Ok! Cars can be replaced. :thumb:

Java
January 1st, 2017, 08:05 AM
Wow. I'm glad you're OK! I'm guessing you were wearing your seatbelt?

Fordguy77
January 12th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Now I'm just stirr'n a pot on this...

So, by your current avatar pic - which I take as a well-snow-covered 4x4 in deep snow - with NOT STRAIGHT BEHIND ME wheel tracks in the snow - have anything to do with your Taco's "offroad adventure"? Perhaps I'm mis-reading the avatar - but I don't think so. There just _might_ be a connection with your driving... :lmao:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/image.php?u=542&dateline=1482894421
The Avatar picture is from when I pulled a coworkers car out at work last winter. The easiest way to get in front of his car given the situation was to get a little slide-ways. The rollover however occurred on a plowed road 20mph below the speed limit after hitting black ice and having someone pit maneuver me trying to avoid an adjacent accident.

Jim
January 12th, 2017, 04:48 PM
The rollover however occurred on a plowed road 20mph below the speed limit after hitting black ice and having someone pit maneuver me trying to avoid an adjacent accident.

How're things going these days? Taco replacement in the works?

Fordguy77
January 12th, 2017, 10:18 PM
How're things going these days? Taco replacement in the works?

Luckily I am a vehicle hoarder, so loosing the Taco wasn't over whelming detrimental.

I just did a full tune up/fluid change on the Wifes spare Truck. Now that her daily is back up and going her Dakota just sits. Should Do fine as a work truck for me for a bit.

Im thinking about using the Taco money to help in purchasing a house, more so than a replacement vehicle. However I just got a huge promotion at work, so that seems to be working its way out as well.

Rally America is hosting "Rally Colorado" July 20-22 So I am really trying to focus on building my E30 for that, before finishing or taking on any other projects.

I am looking for an FJ80 to build as a Trail Rig, but still have the Bronco for gettting out for now.