PDA

View Full Version : Backbone ATV Rental Trail Crew

Java
February 19th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Came across this and thought I'd share, the ATV rental crowd often gets a black eye online and it's nice to see they're trying to keep things positive. Also they rent some nice lifted Jeeps.

https://backbonecycles.com/colorado-outdoor-education/

"Our Mission
Trail clean-up, maintenance, and resource protection is as important as business itself. The National Forest trail we operate on is a very popular area for every backwoods activity you can imagine. Because of that, we gather lots of trash, bullet shells, dowse campfires, clear down trees, keep people on designated trails, and maintain fences and signs..."

newracer
February 19th, 2017, 07:21 PM
I believe FS has required education and cleanup with the new user agreements with rental companies.

Jackie
February 19th, 2017, 08:50 PM
I like that this new company is showing their concern and effort in maintaining our resources. I wish them the best!

Swank1975
February 20th, 2017, 07:57 AM
That is great. I know we all want privacy and seclusion with our FS land access but i do wish there were a better way to monitor people out there and hold them accountable. It's infuriating to stop and clean up a trashed out camp site because some scumbag left it like their personal landfill.