PDA

View Full Version : Worst commute time in metro denver

Brad
February 23rd, 2017, 07:24 PM
Post up your worst snap shot.
My commute actually took 1hr 40min all said. Whomever is moving here really need to learn how to drive in these conditions.

Jim
February 23rd, 2017, 07:56 PM
chuckle - Levi called me today. He was heading north and... sitting in traffic. We enjoyed a nice chat for a while.

Patrolman
February 23rd, 2017, 08:06 PM
Fortunately my commute time won't compete. 19 mins on a average day. Brought the laptop home for tomorrow. :)

Swank1975
February 23rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
It took our Dental assistant 3 hours to get from the Belmar area to just by Children's hospital at Lucent and 470 in Highlands Ranch

Tom
February 23rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
Longmont to Broomfield commute both ways took no longer than normal. Also brought my laptop home for tomorrow.

ExplorerTom
February 23rd, 2017, 09:29 PM
My usual "slightly less than 20 minute" commute took 55 minutes tonight.

Stayed on surface streets- 470 was a parking lot. Actually used 4wd too. Saw a couple vehicles struggling to go up hills while impeding traffic.

TJS86TOY
February 24th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Boulder to Denver @ 3:45 PM , 1.5 hours.... Pure Ice on the road coming out of Boulder.

xaza
February 24th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Wasn't yesterday but last year they closed down I70 both directions at I225. I was caught past last exit for 3 hours before they eventually got west bound open. Was on my way to service call out east that got cancelled so got paid OT for 5 hours window time. Got a nail in my tire that I noticed when I got home, had to have it repaired so it turned into a real good paying easy day.

Spieg
February 24th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Ever consider moving closer to work or getting a job closer to home? I feel bad for folks with such long drives. I'm less than 5 miles from work (about 10 minutes on a typical day, 20 minutes is about the worst time I've ever had).

fredrok
February 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
When I first moved here around 10 years ago, DIA was a religious 45mins for me. Now, I'm happy to make it in an hour anymore with the consistent 70 parking lot (70 is the new 25). I've resorted to taking the train when I can which takes even longer but less wear and tear and stress. But too many idiots parking on the tracks and getting hit, crossing issues, causing delays fairly often. There's an article about the expansion (or lack thereof) of 70 in the future to accommodate the growth in the latest 5280. We ain't gonna wanna commute at all in the coming years. Too many people, not enough space.

3:20 from DIA with yesterday's cluster#$% (42 miles). Here's a concept: live in a snowy/icy region? Buy a car or at least tires fit for the job this time of year. I'd love to see stats on the accident vehicles regarding drive/traction capability and tire types.

Jackie
February 24th, 2017, 05:32 PM
As I was leaving work yesterday, I noticed another guy was getting ready to leave too. He told me he needed to stop by Wally World and pick up some chains because his front tires were nearly bald. He asked me if this was a good idea... I told him a better idea would be to pick up some new tires instead. :erm: He had to take 70 all the way from Evergreen to Denver (which was a mess). As it turned out, he bought some chains for "just in case" but didn't need to put them on because he never got to go faster than about 5 MPH. Took him two hours. I made it home with about a 8 minute delay because I was driving slower than usual. My KO2 tires are brand new, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be involved in a wreck. No issues. Today everything was pretty well cleaned up and the morning commute was normal (with a little extra caution thrown in on some of the curves).

Hypoid
February 24th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Yup, bearing the cost of someone else's learning experience gets old.

Jim
February 24th, 2017, 06:55 PM
FTFY

My KO2 tires (that I bought just before the snow started to fly) are brand new and I was all smiles as they made me GO when I wanted to GO and STOP when I wanted to STOP. Such a simple concept.

Jackie
February 24th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I wasn't trying to brag, Jim, if that is what you were suggesting. I waited until I no longer trusted them however they weren't "bald". He could have picked up a couple of the cheapest tires available for the fronts only, which would have been a better investment than the chains he bought - but didn't use - and will now return. We bought the cheapest winter tires available for our old 2WD mini-van because it isn't worth a big investment, just a safe investment. At least both vehicles are legal on I70 and our chances of survival are better. And to tell you the truth, I liked my original BFG MT's on the Jeep better than the KO2's and they lasted me almost 50k miles. I just worry about what might have happened to him or others had he been able to get up to speed and then lost control because of an issue he was aware of in advance...

Jim
February 24th, 2017, 09:35 PM
I wasn't trying to brag, Jim, if that is what you were suggesting.

Not one bit. My take is that you were proactive to the fact that winter was knocking on the door - and yet many people don't do anything (to be prepared) to the change that is coming their way.

(I'm sure I'm guilty of this latter issue from time to time)