PDA

View Full Version : Forest Ranger?

flashboiler
March 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Just a curious question: When was the last time you saw a forest ranger when you were wheeling?

I've seen a ranger 3 times. 1st time we went riding my buddies brand new ATV (no ohv sticker, we literally went from the motorcycle shop to lefthand), Once at Bunce, and once at Bright Trail (Taylor Mountain). All three times it was Brian Rasmusen (sp?) and he was really cool. But it's been ages ago, like maybe 8-10 years ago.

Jim
March 3rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
Bright Trail / Taylor Mountain. A lady. 2013-05-27

FINOCJ
March 3rd, 2017, 02:48 PM
Not so much wheeling - which is often on FS land - but I see the Jefferson County Open Space rangers quite often when using river access points for fishing and kayaking at the open space parks, as well as FS rangers on other river access points. I would guess the larger number of users in and around rivers and lakes for fishing, recreation and camping as compared to wheeling pulls the rangers in that direction.

Java
March 3rd, 2017, 02:56 PM
Same ^ I see the rangers hiking all the time but rarely wheeling.

newracer
March 4th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Rarely outside of planned forest service volunteer events.

Jackie
March 6th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Once on Bunce School Rd. I had backed into a spot (driveway) adjacent to a gated area. The ranger stopped and asked me if I had gone through the gate. I told him "No". I had pulled into the spot backwards in case the owner of the property needed to get out, I could get out of the way quickly. I had just stopped to wait for my husband who was on the trail somewhere with his dirt bike. We both talked for a while and I think he eventually understood that I certainly did not go through the gate. He was cool!

Spieg
March 6th, 2017, 09:01 PM
It's been years since I saw a FS Ranger out of their office. With so much of their duties being outsourced, it's more common to encounter a private contractor.