PDA

View Full Version : WTB -Cheap PC laptop or Window 7

Chris
March 9th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I'm looking for a Windows laptop for cheap. Just need something to run Scrap Mechanic for my 7 year old grandson.

I could use a copy of Windows 7 or better with Activation as an alternative.

Let me know now if you have anything. :thumb:

TJS86TOY
March 9th, 2017, 06:40 PM
How cheap?

Jim
March 9th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Nothing in my office would fit the bill.

Craigslist & pawn shops are an option - but double-check that the BIOS is not password protected. Ensure that the account being used is an "Administrator" level account and that you know the password for it (if it has a password).

Tom
March 9th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Chris,

I have a Dell Latitude E5400 I can give you. It currently has a version of Ubuntu Linux as the OS. If you can find a windows 7 install disk you'd be set.

Chris
March 9th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I may may be getting one from my son, I may have jumped the gun posting.

How cheap?

I like Tom's price but could go a bit higher :D What do you have?

Chris,

I have a Dell Latitude E5400 I can give you. It currently has a version of Ubuntu Linux as the OS. If you can find a windows 7 install disk you'd be set.

I'm looking into finding Windows 7 Tom, I appreciate the offer and will see what happens with Ryan first.

Jim
March 9th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I can supply a Win7 disc (you pic the variant - Home, Pro, 32/64bit) - but you will need a Win7 Product Key Code - often on a 1"x3" sticker on the underside (or in the battery compartment) of the laptop.

Chris
March 9th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Thanks Jim, I'll see what I come up with. If I had a legit version I could just use it on the home Mac.

TJS86TOY
March 10th, 2017, 06:43 AM
I like Tom's price but could go a bit higher What do you have?

Cant beat that price :) I have a HP Elite Book running Win 7 I got for cheap a few years back. Have since retired that laptop and my gaming laptop in favor of a nice desktop. I think I paid a 100 for it but the Chris price would of course be different.

Tom
March 10th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Just checked under the battery of the laptop previously offerd. It has a Microsoft Proof of license sticker. Sticker also says Windows Vista Business OEM. So I am guessing it shipped with vista and the license key is for vista.

Teneighteen
March 16th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Chris,

I may be able to hook you up if you do not mind there being battery issues.

What program are you looking to run again, what is it exactly?

Let me know.

Jeremy

Chris
March 16th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks Jeremy, got a netbook from my son. Just want to run Scrap Mechanic for my 7 year old grandson. Should be good but I do appreciate the offer!

Teneighteen
March 16th, 2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks Jeremy, got a netbook from my son. Just want to run Scrap Mechanic for my 7 year old grandson. Should be good but I do appreciate the offer!

Okay, glad you hear it worked out, we've a spare laptop that is on its last leg, but with a fresh install it's got some time left.

It'd be perfect in a case like this, so if yours doesn't work out, let me know!

Cheers,

Jeremy