PDA

View Full Version : Females?

Jamie
April 17th, 2017, 06:37 PM
How many female drivers are in this group?

Chris
April 17th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Jackie is the only one that comes to mind and she's been around a long time. Others have come & gone. It would be nice to have more!

FINOCJ
April 17th, 2017, 07:28 PM
My wife is a common shotgun ride along, especially on clean-up and other social focused runs - she is occasionally willing to take the wheel on easy stuff. She drove the last 4 miles of Black Dragon last weekend in Utah with me.

Although I have not met her directly - RockyMtGal67 comes to mind as well - she has a nice XJ.

Jamie
April 17th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I was worried I would be the only one!

Max
April 17th, 2017, 08:07 PM
https://i.giphy.com/GOvAlgzPN7MNG.gif

Chris
April 17th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Those gender neutral names fool people! There was a time when we had a "Ladies Run" where significant others drove and the guys rode shotgun. It was fun to wheel past a group and see the rections when they realized every truck was being driven by women. We need more women on the trails!

My wife is with me on 90% of the runs.

Chris
April 17th, 2017, 08:19 PM
https://i.giphy.com/GOvAlgzPN7MNG.gif

Leave it Max. :rolleyes:

The StRanger
April 17th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Dizzie runs "the frog" but she didn't want to join until it was up and running

Brad
April 17th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Jenn has driven Billing's lake, Bill Moore lake, North sand dunes and Onion creek (Moab). As she has her own D2 which we are going to build up she will be driving a lot more. :thumb:

Java
April 17th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Jackie, Heather and Leila. Otherwise it's a sausage party. There's almost always women on trail runs, usually on their own volition.

xaza
April 18th, 2017, 06:13 AM
My wife is always with me and takes the wheel occasionally. Have started teaching daughter to drive on the trails and should have her behind the wheel of her own truck next summer.

TJS86TOY
April 18th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Funny, I met more females 4x4ing last weekend in a group than I have seen in a while. They outnumbered the guys in the group!

Java
April 18th, 2017, 08:09 AM
I've been on runs with two meetup groups and they were pretty balanced, the more traditional forums like this one seem to have more guys, IDK why. My wife has an Xterra but isnt into the group thing. She may come to Yankee Hill on sunday.

Jamie
April 18th, 2017, 08:27 AM
It's funny, I am 52 years old, married. I have had 3 Jeeps in my life but have never gone wheeling. Not even as a passenger. I bought this modified JK last month and really want to learn. I don't foresee myself getting too crazy. I am reading tons and watching a lot of You Tube. I spend as much time as possible in the mountains and my PT Cruiser was not letting me go where I wanted to travel.:2thumbup: I asked my husband if he wanted to go on a run with you guys, he said "only if I have to". He prefers to ride his Harley. Does not understand my fascination with big tires or a vehicle I have to climb up to get into.

Chris
April 18th, 2017, 09:34 AM
You've come to the right place to learn Jamie!

Max
April 18th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Leave it Max. :rolleyes:

It was a JOKE.

Chris
April 18th, 2017, 02:02 PM
It was a JOKE.

Thus my :rolleyes:

Jackie
April 18th, 2017, 06:10 PM
It's funny, I am 52 years old, married. I have had 3 Jeeps in my life but have never gone wheeling. Not even as a passenger. I bought this modified JK last month and really want to learn. I don't foresee myself getting too crazy. I am reading tons and watching a lot of You Tube. I spend as much time as possible in the mountains and my PT Cruiser was not letting me go where I wanted to travel.:2thumbup: I asked my husband if he wanted to go on a run with you guys, he said "only if I have to". He prefers to ride his Harley. Does not understand my fascination with big tires or a vehicle I have to climb up to get into.

Sounds exactly like my husband and I! He prefers to tag along on his dirt bike (staying out of the way of us in trucks, Jeeps etc.) That's fine by me because I think I'm a better driver. The only time I had to winch out my Jeep was one winter day, he got our minivan stuck in the driveway due to snow and ice. So he grabbed the Jeep and ran out to get his errands done. As he drove it back in, he gunned it way to fast, drove into a grassy part of the drive that has a steep embankment that could have caused a roll over and was finally smart enough to stop. First we had to winch out the Jeep, then we had to winch the van...:rolleyes:

Jamie
April 18th, 2017, 07:03 PM
My husband has always said with our motor home and our 5th wheel camper that I was the better driver. I find it odd when people find women driving surprising. I would pull our 5th wheel all over the mountains by myself with my kids. I would get to campgrounds and people would say "You drove that?" "Yep, I have arms and legs what else do I need?"😄

Chris
April 18th, 2017, 09:10 PM
That is funny, my daughter always gets a kick out of guys asking if she needs help parking her motorhome. She tells them she can handle it as she backs in, angles past a tree and hits her mark. Then when the 4 kids pile out the "helper" is very quiet as he walks away.

Me backing my trailer is not quite as smooth. :redface:

Hypoid
April 19th, 2017, 01:11 PM
In thinking about this, it seems a lot of the "easier" runs draw a more diverse crowd. They also tend to be more family friendly events.

On that note, you could find yourself on a mountain with 23 new "cousins," who are willing to help you learn your equipment's capability.

:frontrange4x4:

Jim
April 19th, 2017, 01:13 PM
And perhaps this thread is a visual nudge to the gals. New registration just approved...

Chris
April 19th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Good to hear, too bad we lost Stephanie to other interests.

dieseldoc
April 19th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Therese is always with me. she hascbeen dd my jeep for nearly a year. She has had some trail time. And wants more.

Heather
April 20th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hope to meet you!! I just bought my third Jeep last night. Stupidly thought we could be a "one Jeep family" (for four whole months) with my husband's JKU. Got back from Moab on Sunday, and started looking. It's so much more than just a vehicle. I can't stand riding shotgun (and not driving) but also love to hike during Jeep runs - so don't always drive.

This forum is the second place I joined, and should have really been the first and only. I joined Wrangler Forum right when I bought my '03, "Cracker," and Jackie found me and sent me here. This is the only forum I've ever needed. This is where I wheeled first, and where these patient and experienced guys (Rob, Chris, Brody, Todd, several others) selflessly shared their years of experience and taught us how to wheel. The sense of community here is amazing. I haven't been active here for a few years, but seeing some of the same core people, gotta believe it's still the same vibe. :) Hoping you get at least that much out of it - you'll love it!!!!