PDA

View Full Version : Ironclads loop clockwise in light snow and rain

RockyMtRebel
April 20th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Decided I want to run Ironclads backwards after someone on here posting about it. I figure the best time to do this is during the week when noone else is out. So, I just got home from doing it - Fxxxxn' Awesome! I bypassed the big step and recorded it (lame video below;-).

I took the left fork in the road, going clockwise at the loop. It goes straight up a rocky slope to a large ledge that's unavoidable. Luckily some rocks were stacked to the far right to help lessen the blow coming down and going up. I took it too slowly at first and my rear drivers wheel was spinning (fully extended). Backed up and cruised up better with some momentum but still slipped at full flex - peg legging a bit until I gunned it and the truck lifted itself up onto the large rock! Success!

Steep rocky terrain relentlessly uphill to the top and then I was in the clouds - with about an inch of fresh snow in a couple places. Beautiful and quiet, all alone - so sweet!

Then it was down the steep rocky section until I got back to the bottom - slow going but had a great run. Bypassed the big step again and checked out the best approach and I think with a spotter I could take that big first step on a left angle and be alright...... maybe Saturday :smokin:

http://youtu.be/hWruR6wI_B8

The StRanger
April 20th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Good ride.
ThanKS for the vid.

Max
April 20th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Someone link the Rescue List in case something happens. I know I'm not terribly far away in Boulder.

Jim
April 20th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Trail Forums > Rescue List

RockyMtRebel
April 21st, 2017, 07:01 AM
Hey guys, if I broke down on Ironclads I could walk home in an hour or two... no cell phone service up here. ;-/

I am pretty good about staying within my limits (especially when I'm alone). Also my truck is brand new so I really shouldn't break down anywhere unless I get in over my head (I know, it happens)! I'll check out the rescue list and print out for future reference, thanks again!

flashboiler
April 21st, 2017, 01:51 PM
New full size Ram on ironclads in the snow... You're either crazy or nuts. Maybe both!

well done

RockyMtRebel
April 21st, 2017, 02:24 PM
We got a couple inches of snow last night and it was supposed to snow all day today - it's a wet slushy snow so it won't accumulate that much but makes things more messy and fun ;)

i might go go do it tonight again if tomorrow morning doesn't pan out.