May 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Looked like good times.......

SCRubicon
May 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM
0:43 - rock rash on the right front wheel :D

Pathrat
May 26th, 2008, 05:11 PM
0:43 - rock rash on the right front wheel :D

Hugh says he would have gotten better footage, but after your first 'slip', he put the camera down and just watched what ensued. :D

Jimmy
May 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Pass our thanks on to the SO for taking the time to do this!

Funrover
May 26th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Never done that trail...Looks fun!

solid rock
May 26th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Never done that trail...Looks fun!

X2 WHERE IS IT?

Pathrat
May 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
X2 WHERE IS IT?

Left side of the road, SB 285, at the sign for Kenosha Pass and the campground.

Brody
May 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I can see twin Cone from where I am working outside of Jefferson and I think that we are going to run it next week after work..provided, of course, I get my heap all put back together..
I also hiked both the other 'Twin Cones', located in the Lost Creek Wilderness Area a couple of years ago. One of them had the remains of an old weather tower/fire tower at the very top. Both of these are south of the Twin Cone Trail and are both above timberline, though not by much...

Looks like fun. Thanks to your SO from me, too, Pathrat. Was that you with the red hair charging the cameraman? He didn't flinch, so I am assuming that he knew you. Me...well, I would've moved out of your way. You looked you were on a mission...and I have learned not to get in the way of women on a mission....

HEHE

BTW, are you and your SO interested in prerunning the Ladies Run trail? i think Dve and some other folks might go, too, but I don't know what day yet. Might be this Sunday.

Chris
May 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Very nice! Wheeling vicariously through video is better than nothin ;)

Pathrat
May 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I also hiked both the other 'Twin Cones', located in the Lost Creek Wilderness Area a couple of years ago. One of them had the remains of an old weather tower/fire tower at the very top. Both of these are south of the Twin Cone Trail and are both above timberline, though not by much...

Looks like fun. Thanks to your SO from me, too, Pathrat. Was that you with the red hair charging the cameraman? He didn't flinch, so I am assuming that he knew you. Me...well, I would've moved out of your way. You looked you were on a mission...and I have learned not to get in the way of women on a mission....

HEHE

BTW, are you and your SO interested in prerunning the Ladies Run trail? i think Dve and some other folks might go, too, but I don't know what day yet. Might be this Sunday.

You know, you and my mom and her husband will bury us all, all that hiking where there is no air. :) We saw two serious hikers at the beginning of the trail and they passed us at lunch time.

Yep, I hear that's me. Honestly, I have been too critique-ing my driving when watching the video. He has learned to watch out, last season I accidentally ran over his foot.

Yes, wise man, staying out of the way of women with their minds set on a task! :D

Thanks for the prerun invite, but at 7am Sunday I hope to have all the gear tied down to the top of the FJC, yelling at my kids to load up, and pointing us to the Maze.

Pathrat
May 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Very nice! Wheeling vicariously through video is better than nothin ;)

I offered you a seat and you turned me down flat. :(
(kidding)

Brody
May 28th, 2008, 05:16 AM
You ran over his foot!?? Like with the rig? Ouch... I ran over a friend's foot once, too, and she wasn't especially happy. Luckily I had the tires aired down to almost nothing and they were really squishy..still hurt though...

What is the Maze? Sounds like my brain...

Jimmy
May 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM
You ran over his foot!?? Like with the rig? Ouch... I ran over a friend's foot once, too, and she wasn't especially happy. Luckily I had the tires aired down to almost nothing and they were really squishy..still hurt though...
I tried to run over Steve on this run... but he managed to scramble out of the way before I reached him. :)

Pathrat
May 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM
What is the Maze? Sounds like my brain...

-Yep, ran right over his foot with the 33" blocky tire. I didn't break anything, on him I mean. :)

The Maze: the western district of Canyonlands, where the Doll House is located. I have never been. I will refrain from commenting on your brain; there are so many directions one could take on your comment!

Pathrat
May 28th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I tried to run over Steve on this run... but he managed to scramble out of the way before I reached him. :)

It is often more successful when you try to do such things and your subject isn't paying attention. :D

Brody
May 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM
It always amazes me how fast those big guys can move when inspired! Gotta keep a closer eye on the folks you wheel with, Steve! I learned that at Wheeler Lake when Dave Pritcheet tried to crush me with his Jeep. Old skinny guys move fast, too, when inspired....

Thanks for the lack of comments on my brain/maze remark, Pathrat. Bet you had a hard time refraining from that one, especially since I left myself wide open....

Pathrat
May 29th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the lack of comments on my brain/maze remark, Pathrat. Bet you had a hard time refraining from that one, especially since I left myself wide open....

you are welcome... there was something about little white mice that popped into my head on that one :)