PDA

View Full Version : WTB left over steel

vector07
May 22nd, 2017, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, building a new off road trailer, got the frame built up but am looking for any excess steel you have laying around.
looking for decking and sides as well as thinner lighter steel to build up the sides such as 1x1 or 2x2 1/8

After building the frame I over estimated the amount of steel I needed and have about 15 feet of 2.5x2.5 receiver hitch square tube steel left over if anyone needs it.

scout man
May 22nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Is it the actual receiver hitch tubing that has the seem inside removed? I'm not home right now, but I might have a stick of 1.5x1.5 square I could trade you. Or maybe 1.5" x 3/4" x 1/8" square. (I used up one of those on my last project and cant remember which. Anyways, no promises, but I never mind having receiver hitch tubing sitting around, and I probably have something I could trade you for it. Wont be in town until this weekend though.

vector07
May 23rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
sounds good, yes actual receiver hitch tubing

Java
May 23rd, 2017, 08:40 AM
sidebar, I'd love to see a build thread on your trailer!!

vector07
May 23rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Thanks Paul, I will be up there tonight doing some more welding, will snap some pics and start a thread.

scout man
May 23rd, 2017, 10:42 PM
Alright, Ill check out what I have that might interest you when I get back in town. I have burned through a ton of steel recently and suddenly cant remember whats left.

scout man
June 29th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Hey, sorry I never got back to you. I do have some misc steel stock sitting around. Mostly in the 1x1, 1.5x1.5, type sizes. If you want to come poke around I would trade some to you. I also need some of that receiver hitch tubing now for a project at work, so if you would prefer, I would just buy it from you as well. Let me know if any of that interests you.

vector07
July 11th, 2017, 06:33 PM
looks like I am going to use it all, found another use for it.