PDA

View Full Version : In search of a spot like this

coolerthanafan
May 23rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
Hello all ... I've been in CO for 2 years now and want to find a place like this to explore/camp. Anyone know of some place similar? This is in WA but its the only pic I could find thats what I am seeking. Thanks!

Brucker
May 23rd, 2017, 06:19 PM
There are plenty, just have to search. Check out www.traildamage.com for a good place to start your searches.

Off the top of my head, and close to you, check out MSV/Coney Flats when it opens. There are a few different places along that trail system you could pull off a photo close to that.

Tom
May 23rd, 2017, 06:22 PM
I can think of several dozens that are at least that nice. Think Gunnison, Marble, Crested Butte, Ouray, pearl pass.

coolerthanafan
May 23rd, 2017, 06:26 PM
Thanks Tom! I've never been to southern Colorado. Trying to plan some trips for this summer.

coolerthanafan
May 23rd, 2017, 06:27 PM
Would I be able to camp in a setting like that?

coolerthanafan
May 23rd, 2017, 06:29 PM
There are plenty, just have to search. Check out www.traildamage.com (http://www.traildamage.com) for a good place to start your searches.

Off the top of my head, and close to you, check out MSV/Coney Flats when it opens. There are a few different places along that trail system you could pull off a photo close to that.

Thanks Aaron. I've only been on MSV (about a mile after the first obstacle) once and look forward to doing it again this year. Looking to get on the bank of the river/creek just like this picture.

redneck23ms
May 23rd, 2017, 06:37 PM
you can camp right along the creek on rock creek but it is more wooded and may not be a mountain view in the background.

Spieg
May 23rd, 2017, 06:53 PM
Fall River/Loch Lomond has creekside camping and good scenery. Pretty short drive from Denver too.

Brucker
May 23rd, 2017, 08:37 PM
Another would be Rollins Pass/Jenny Creek area

dieseldoc
May 23rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
Agular pass/ walldorf canyon, there are a few water crossing with camp spots right on the bank.
There is one spot that has a water fall with in 100 yards it's only 12-15 foot but it's nice for.
Another spot has the creek on both sides there is canyon view all around with a few very nice photo ops. The lower road where the good camping is is Agular pass.
Traildamage is a good source as well as Trails off-road.

coolerthanafan
May 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys!!
I've been on both sites but wanted a couple suggestions from people that have been there. Plus Traildamage seems pretty dated but I do use it to find places.
I appreciate the help. You're helping my list grow!

GPP33
May 24th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Option 1: Drive to Aspen, engage 4wd, explore everything between Aspen, Crested Butte and Marble.
Option 2: Drive to Ouray, engage 4wd, explore everything between Ouray, Telluride, Silverton and Lake City. Bonus points for spending the night at the Opus hut on Ophier pass.

Repeat as often as possible.

Chris
May 24th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Option 1: Drive to Aspen, engage 4wd, explore everything between Aspen, Crested Butte and Marble.
Option 2: Drive to Ouray, engage 4wd, explore everything between Ouray, Telluride, Silverton and Lake City. Bonus points for spending the night at the Opus hut on Ophier pass.

Repeat as often as possible.

Pearl Pass! :2thumbup:

newracer
May 25th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Lots of camping spots long Laramie River Road similar to that.