PDA

View Full Version : Quick Trip next week?

MaxwellMud
June 2nd, 2017, 05:02 PM
I know its short notice and most people look like they have weekends open, but does anyone want to hit a fun trail next week? Im off Monday Tuesday and Wednesday but was thinking just a day trip. Possibly camping if its not too cold but idk the mountains well enough yet. So 5th 6th or 7th. Maybe white river national forest? Or up near Nederland or Estes? Im open to suggestions and think it would be cool to make a nice spring run. Let me know!
👍👊

FINOCJ
June 3rd, 2017, 02:35 PM
I should have some availability this coming week (M, T, Th, F). What trail(s) are you thinking? I am not that familiar with the northern front range trails...but that would be a good reason to go. I prefer to keep it a bit easier to moderate with my old jeep. I'd probably only be up for a day trip, but certainly others are welcome to camp.

MaxwellMud
June 4th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Looks like Tuesday might actually be out. My boss can't make it. So it would be a quick day trip Tuesday or a full day tomorrow. I was checking out Switzerland trail and a couple nearby. Theres a few in the same area ranging from easy to difficult. I can always wait a week...Lol. Im just itching for some trail

FINOCJ
June 4th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Sorry for the late response - just got back home from a fun sunday. If you are interested to go on Monday, I can probably make that work. Switzerland Trail is one, also Sugarloaf Mountain and Caribou Creek. I don't know anything about these except they are pretty easy based on brief write-ups from Wells old Colorado 4wd guidebook from a lot of years ago. I would guess Caribou could still be closed for the winter season - the Switzerland and Sugarloaf are probably open (I believe Tom ran Switzerland recently).

I'll check back tonight probably around 10pm. And then again probably around 7am. It would take me 1.5hrs to get to Nederland cruising in my old jeep.

MaxwellMud
June 4th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I think maybe its best to just postpone until im better prepared. I still need to purchase a compressor and some other tools. I appreciate the response though. I always have early weekdays open and it would be great to make a trip up in the next couple weeks. Perhaps we can get some more people as well.

FINOCJ
June 4th, 2017, 09:20 PM
No worries - thanks for getting back. Look forward to meeting up with you soon. I do have quite a few weekdays free over the next couple months (high school teacher), but I also will be traveling out of town a bit more than normal this summer so it will be hit and miss more than the last few summers.