PDA

View Full Version : CORTEX - seen this yet?

goSlo
June 3rd, 2017, 06:43 AM
Colorado Trail Explorer (https://cts.state.co.us/cotrex/desktop/) (COTREX)

Really cool way to find those obscure trails.

Mr6dwg
June 3rd, 2017, 10:11 PM
That's really nice! Thanks! I'm constantly looking for dog friendly trails.

GPP33
June 13th, 2017, 04:48 PM
That's pretty sweet. Needs some refining though as there's several paved roads marked as 4wd roads.

Eagle6
June 13th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Cool another map resource. Thanks

Java
June 16th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I really want to love this site but it seems to have very minimal information about trails. More the existence of trails than an accurate description of them, for example I pulled up the trails by Central City and in the Fourmile area and the listings are pretty complete but not very informative and sometimes innaccurate about difficulty. I guess most of it comes from the MVUMs so they have a lot of trails. I do see the value in what it is, like Aaron said you can find obscure trails because it is pretty complete, but it is more of a compliment to than a replacement for trailsoffroad or traildamage IMO. It's got that big box thing where it's got one of everything but not the best of anything. I hope it evolves!

Spieg
June 16th, 2017, 11:32 AM
At first glance this looks pretty awesome, but at closer look it seems to be pretty incomplete/inaccurate. For example it only shows the lower portion of Twin Cone Peak (and describes it as passable to 2-wheel drive).

edit: I don't mean to sound too negative. It's a new thing and will probably improve over time.:thumb:

Chris
June 16th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I just looked at Barbour Fork and it's listed as "Primitive Road - 2WD High Clearance" I'll keep an eye out for the folks that try it in 2wd.

Swank1975
June 16th, 2017, 03:35 PM
At first glance I see the word Cotex. LOL