PDA

View Full Version : Thurs 6/8

FINOCJ
June 7th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Louis and I are thinking of getting out Thurs 6/8 for some early season mid-week wheeling. Thinking of heading to the Yankee Hill area - maybe running to the top of (or over) Yankee and exploring some loop connecting through lower Sheridan Hill, Cumberland, Washoe etc and then coming back via Miners Gulch on to Apex. Any reports on snow in the area?

Also considering a a route south of I-70 that could use South Spring Gulch (not Spring Creek) and Trail Creek Rd. I worry about the north facing aspect of those runs and the potential for snow. Ute Creek Road might work because its south facing.

Any interest....or anyone with information?

thanks

FINOCJ
June 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Kind of last minute, but Louis and I are going to wander around yankee hill and explore some of the network of trails on thurs. Meeting 9:30am at the new parking area just past the cemeteries on the campground (middle fork) road. Feel free to drop in...maybe post up here so we'll be expecting you.

jayson44
June 8th, 2017, 10:23 AM
nice to see you this morning, James. sorry I had to be heading the other way to work! hope you guys have fun. :)

J.

FINOCJ
June 8th, 2017, 07:03 PM
nice to see you this morning, James. sorry I had to be heading the other way to work! hope you guys have fun. :)

J.

Thanks for the wave...we had a great day exploring some secondary trails that loop around from the main 175.1 Yankee Hill road. We'll get something posted before too long...Louis took a lot of pics so it may be a bit for him to sort through them. But maybe I should post on the Front Range 4x2 forum :oops: